1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Chennai: Which Route?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by daretodream, Jun 28, 2012.

1. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Tnanks ramjn. I am still bothered about driving till HOSKOTE from my home in city traffic. Rest all reasons makes me to take the KOLAR route.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Since you will be starting from Silk Board Circle, Kolar route is shorter than the Hosur route by mere 8 km only. You can consider Hosur route; but drive carefully wherever barricades are erected. But, do try Kolar route too, so that you will know the difference between the two routes.
  3. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ya thats right, Sir. The construction work is really a hurdle for speed. I was in the HOSUR route to Madurai yesterday and it was still getting worser than what I saw during the TFI meet. As said, I ll consider the Kolar route on my return.
  4. I'm driving down from Chennai to B'lore this friday and have decided to try the Kolar route. Need help on where I need to divert off from the Vellore highway. The maps show a diversion somewhere before Arcot. Is there any sign board's that I need to follow to get on to that route while driving down from Chennai?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is very easy. Just after the Ranipet Toll, in less than a Km, you will get to see a flyover and just take a right turn beneath the flyover.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    After Chenna Samudram toll/Sumaithangi, you have to turn to right, go below the flyover on NH 4. Yes, there are signages that show direction to Wallajah/Chittoor. Just follow that. Wallajah>Ranipet>Chittoor bypass>Palamaner>Mulabagilu bypass>Kolar bypass>Hosakote>Bangalore. From the exit of Mulabagilu bypass to Bangalore, it is excellent 4-laned NH 4, presently without any toll.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Thanks a lot Ramesh & Ravi Sir. So can I follow the below route? I need to get to Sadashiva Nagar. Hope the below route is fine.

Singaravelar Salai to 18th Cross Rd, Sadashiva Nagar, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - Google Maps

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Thanks a lot Ramesh & Ravi Sir. So can I follow the below route? I need to get to Sadashiva Nagar. Hope the below route is fine.

Singaravelar Salai to 18th Cross Rd, Sadashiva Nagar, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - Google Maps
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oops. Avoid the Manimangalam route. Its pathetic. I have altered the route for you.
    https://maps.google.co.in/maps?sadd...xg&mra=dvme&mrsp=3&sz=12&via=3,4,5,7&t=m&z=13

For driving inside BLR city, those who reside in Bangalore should comment :D.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, atleast the Bangalore part of it. After crossing K R Puram hanging bridge, continue on Old Madras Road, climb over the Benniganahalli flyover, which will take you on Outer Ring Road [ORR]. Drive on ORR upto Hebbal grade-separator junction [similar to Katthipara junction] where you have to take the central lane that goes towards Bangalore City. You will drive on the signal-free road and you have to go down in an under-pass at Mekhri circle. You will have to take a U turn after Cauvery theatre, located on your RHS, to enter Sadashiva Nagar.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Has anyone tried the Ranipet-Katpadi-Gudiyattam-Peranampattu-Venkatagirikotta-Mulbagal route?