1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore Pune Mumbai SasanGir Kutch Udaipur Kanpur Nagpur Tadoba Hyderabad 5900km

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Pran, Feb 16, 2013.

1. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Just amazing! pictures are brilliant! All that in 10 days! which is an average of more than 500 Km per day! Great going. How much was the overall average fuel consumption?
    1 person likes this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hey Pran, that's an amazing phortolog you have presented for us :). Surely must have been an awesome trip and the boring reliability must have made it that much enjoyable :)
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Excellent Pics. It's like reading a travelogue. No words needed.

BTW, how did you like that "paunk" that the pic shows you having from a roadside vendor (Mahakali paunk)?
    1 person likes this.
  4. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    bro, you cant fix what aint broken!....these are like from Nat Geo or something! All i can suggest is keep on going on trips!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We didnt drive for 2 days of the total 9 days, so that averages to close to 850 a day :) . Fuel consumption stood at 15.3km/l when I reached home

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thats was based on some info we got from the book Highway on my plate, it is a good book to have when you are on a road trip, we tried few places, will post them soon. I thought it was called "ponk", whatever be, it was good, a must have roadside snack

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot, that is encouraging :)
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yes. It's called "Ponk" or "Paunk". Delicious when fresh and green.

Did you stay overnight at Sasan Gir ? If yes, where?
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Expenses

Finally managed to get the expenses summed up..

KanpurExpense.png
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We stayed at Hotel Green Park, nice neat rooms, only problem is the food menu is limited, and made to order, but tasty

Attaching (zip file) the route timings, toll points, and some remarks at each points with reference to my cars odometer readings.

The compiled expenses is as below:

Fuel18080
    Toll 3819
    Accommodation6300
    Food8378
    Sightseeing5720

Attached Files:

9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Pran for sharing info, the pictures are simply great. If you can post full size pictures, it would be better to view those.

And you are right about Punto -> Boring reliable.
    Even when I went for last long drive, only top-up was water for windscreen. I bought 1 lt of coolant and engine oil, it is still as it, after completion of 13k+ km.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran this is too good.. I was watching your facebook posts, but didn't get too deep into it. So where does your odoreading stand now?
    1 person likes this.