1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Pandharpur - Kolhapur - Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by kr_vasudev, Dec 18, 2013.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    All,

Planning to visit Kolhapur and Pandharpur via route Bangalore - Pandharpur - Kolhapur - Bangalore. I had traveled to Shiridi via Belgaum route (NH4) and that road is very nice.

I have never traveled in NH13 (Bangalore - Pandharpur). Hope TFI members might have traveled in this route, want to know the road conditions.

Regards
    Vasu

Route.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This should be your Route.

Bangalore-Pandh.jpg

your centre point should be Miraj(Taluka)/Sangli(District).
    Kolhapur from here will be 45Kms(1 hour) and pandharpur 127Kms(3 hours).
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Thank you, I forgot to mention in the first post. I wish to drive to Bangalore from Kolhapur so that I can visit Bijapur - Badami - Hampi - Almatti, If road is not good I will drive down to Bangalore via NH4
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you have to have travel from Miraj to go Bijapur or badami or Almatti or Hampi. :)
    you cant skip Miraj.This is my place :D i know very well the routes.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Cool nice to know you are from Miraj. How are the road conditions to Badami from Miraj
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Vasudev, the road from Chitradurga to Hampi is not so good, the last 40 odd kms to Hospet is pathetic, avoid if possible.
    otherwise read this post for routes till Badami via hubli.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-tr...rney-ended-up-looking-deep-inside-myself.html

Although places like Badami, Hampi etc are renowned for its rich history, but our government is least bothered to maintain the roads nor they provide decent toilets at these places.

I have decided i would no more plan a visit to historical places or temple darshans as my holiday destination...instead destinations like forest, seas, river, village etc as my holiday destinations !!
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Cubbie, Thank you for the information, I will read the thread.

I have booked Train but it is in WL, and I am sure we wont get confirmation and may not be possible in Tatkal.

My first priority is Kolhapur and second is Pandharpur. Once we cover these two we will decide to visit other places depending on our interest and energy levels :D

Will keep you posted on plans
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vasudev,
    Sorry mate i dont know about the road conditions,but if it comes to the route i will aske you to go via bijapur.From bijapur you can enroute to badami.
    i remember when i done Hubli-Kudala Sangam-Almatti-Bijapur.Before bagalkot you can go to badami.

As you are driving staright to Kolhapur from Bangalore,better have a one day stay next day early morning drive to pandharpur via miraj.From pandharpur to bijapur its 150 Kms via mangalvedha.The roads are good.
    beaware in Pandharpur ,the pujaris are very irritating kind... :D
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Thank you for the info. Final plan is Bangalore - Kolhapur - Pandharpur - Gokarna (Via Bijapur Bagalkot Hubli) - Bangalore

Stay overnight at Kolhapur and Pandharpur possibly at Hubli (unplanned) for Gokarna. If I am tired i will skip Gokarna ;)

Main purpose is Mahalakshmi temple visit
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Buddy be careful on Kolhapur to Pandharpur road. Its just 2 lane road and bit a traffic. Drive slowly on this patch.

Your route will be like

Kolhapur --- Miraj --- Sangola --- Pandharpur.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp