1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Nagpur-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur-UdaipurMtAbu-PalitanaPune

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 1, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Bangalore-Nagpur-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur-UdaipurMtAbu-Palitana

I have further fine-tuned my itinerary [attachment] as advised by the well-wishers by including Jaisalmer [2 days - I hope, my Fiat Linea would drive through the desert roads] and dropping Mumbai. I shall start reserving for accommodation in a few days.
    [attachment=0:2pyothva]Delhi trip schedule.xlsx[/attachment:2pyothva]

Attached Files:

2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Change is the only thing that doesn't change! I have postponed my trip, included Mumbai, chopped off Palitana, Mount Abu & Jaisalmer and included two night stay at Pune in time to join Fiat Ranjangaon plant visit on 3 Dec 2010.
    [attachment=0:28kzeos0]KA-MH-GJ-RJ-UP-DL TRIP.xls[/attachment:28kzeos0]

Attached Files:

3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Mount Abu & Jaisalmer are 2 places too good to skip. Suggest to rethink again to squeeze them in. May be you can look at skipping halts at cities like Mumbai, Surat etc etc or extend the trip by 2-3 days.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, Amit. Yes, I fully agree with you. But, due to time constraints, I decided that way. I wish to explore GJ exclusively when I would cover Mt Abu. Jaisalmer will have to be covered separately. :)
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

So, the countdown has started. Hotels and homestays have been selected and the reservations done. Now, I am eagerly waiting for the take-off. :)
    [attachment=0:pf3t5cub]TourItinerary.jpg[/attachment:pf3t5cub]

TourItinerary.jpg
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

hi Ravi,

Best of luck for ur travel. In case you need any help inDelhi, please feel free to contact. I will pm you my cell no.

the trip is tough but sure would be fun.

Vijyant
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Ravi, Will look forward to meet you when you are in Mumbai. And hey one tip for you while you are on Ahemdabad to Jaipur;

Avoid NH8 from Udaipur to Ajmer, instead take NH 76 till Chittaurgarh and then take NH 79 towards Bhilwara, its 4 lane all the way. I lost 4 hrs on NH 8 in-between Udaipur-Ajmer due to heavy traffic. But was pretty happy and had smooth drive on my way back on NH 76 and NH 79.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Happy journey Ravi.
    Keeping a close watch on this thread, a plan which is worth following.
    cheers !!
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, Vijyant, for your kind good wishes. I will contact you in Delhi, even otherwise. :)
    Thanks, Sandeep, for route tips. The same route I have mentioned in my itinerary. I have your mobile number and will contact you in Mumbai. :)
    Thank you, Pran. You can also see my travelogue of my Bangalore-Goa-Mahabaleshwar-Mumbai-Pune-Bangalore trip for your reference in connection with your Mumbai trip! :)
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=186
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Ravi,

Where is this Oritel Hotel in Mumbai? Somewhere in Andheri? Would try to see you (missed in your earlier Mumbai trip & this time work is very very hectic but still am hopeful)