1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore meet with a twist - Report Post 108 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PatchyBoy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    theblack and sat, it would be nice if you could join us for some time in case your schedules permit. maybe we can plan for an early lunch, by 12 if that helps
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajan for freezing the event day and menu.

Now coming to the travel plan : 1st meeting point, time to assemble and route so that we can agree on these points.

As we have plans to leave early and it being a Sunday, hardly any traffic on the road...hence I suppose Aadigas at Kanakapura road will serve as the 1st meeting point and pit stop for a hot breakfast and nice hot cuppa of kaphy !!

On the road condition, picking from previous post, the Kanakapura road condition seems to be good as against Bannerghatta road.

So if you all agree on the route, then let's freeze on the time to meet at Aadigas.

Route/s :

1. Via Bannerghatta road:
    Bannerughatta road --> JigaNi --> Ooruganadoddi --> Thattekere: 2 lane road all the way.

Bannerughatta road is chaotic these days. The most peaceful route would be to take the Hosur road to reach JigaNi.
    It is upto you folks to decide, though.

The road near and after Ooruganadoddi village is awesome to drive, hardly any vehicles.
    Beware of mega-potholes on the way, which come once in a while on the butter-smooth road.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=J...sz=14&t=m&z=14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Via Hosur road:
    Silk Board --> Bommasandra flyover --> JigaNi --> Ooruganadoddi --> Thattekere:

6 lane from silk board till Bommasandra flyover.
    2 lane for about 2 kms and then 4 lane for 6-7kms till JigaNi.
    2 lane from JigaNi till Thattekere.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Via Kanakapura road:
    Kanakapura road --> HarohaLLi --> Thattekere:

W.r.t. the aforementioned routes:
    Rural roads have been pathetic from JigaNi till almost Ooruganadoddi [more than 5 kms], which is on the way to Thattekere.
    If you opine that the roads are pathetic in this rural stretch, you may want to return back to the city via Kanakapura road.

This is also a nice route. The road conditions in this route are better and enjoyable as well.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...ra=ls&t=m&z=12
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Lets us not once again start a confusion on the route. Let us finalize on this route

http://goo.gl/maps/qWWcx

Point A is the Banshankari Temple, on Kanakapura Road. Indicated as a common starting point and not meant as the first meeting point.

Point B is the first meeting point - Adigas. Meeting time - 07:30 AM - 09:00 AM - Breakfast

From here, let us drive as a convoy and get to the destination D, by 10:00 AM

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sorry,please do post lot.of pictures.
    We will all do kumara parvata trekking next time.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sure thing. You will me missed. How about you join us for breakfast, Sat?

Rajan
  6. I will try to be there at least.
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Rajan sir I wont b able to make it for Breakfast. Since my kid will b sleepy, I vll b coming directly to the destination D by 10/10.30am. Pls excuse us.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  8. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Friends,

I would want to Join all of you this Sunday. Sorry for the late entry.. We were not really sure about our weekend plans. Dosas and Onion Chutney from my side.

Shams + 1 -
    Surya + 1 -- Veg Puliogere Rice/Tamarind rice, Water can, plates and cups
    Soumen + 1 + kid - Paratha + Dum Aloo
    Cubbie + 1 - Veg Pulav + Raita
    Rajan + 2 - Jeera Rice + Butter Chicken + Christmas Fruit Cake
    Himanshukumar + 2 Corn Rice + Prawns Gravy
    Punto-ed + 1 - Ice Cream
    Cannonera - Water, Plates
    Sunil + 1 & daughter
    Vinodvisha + 1
    Mayurshah + 1 and kids
    Pran + 2
    Livelyyoungman
    CS + 1 - Dosas and Onion Chutney

Best
    CS
    2 people like this.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys kindly excuse me as i can't make it this Sunday as i have a marriage and my cousins house warming, i miss you all this time too.. :(
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Shams + 1 -
    <strike>Surya + 1 -- Veg Puliogere Rice/Tamarind rice, Water can, plates and cups</strike>
    Soumen + 1 + kid - Paratha + Dum Aloo
    Cubbie + 1 - Veg Pulav + Raita
    Rajan + 2 - Jeera Rice + Butter Chicken + Christmas Fruit Cake, Paper Cups
    Himanshukumar + 2 Corn Rice + Prawns Gravy
    Punto-ed + 1 - Ice Cream
    Cannonera - Water, Plates
    Sunil + 1 & daughter
    Vinodvisha + 1
    Mayurshah + 1 and kids
    Pran + 2
    Livelyyoungman
    CS + 1 - Dosas and Onion Chutney

Guys, since Surya has pulled out, looks like we may need more food. Those in list above, but are yet to reveal what you will be getting, please update.

Rajan