1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore meet with a twist - Report Post 108 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PatchyBoy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. I am in with my wife.
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajan, i had gone there in september last year and reached around noon. we were not aware of the entrance to this place from main road and had actually gone past it by a couple of kms. after asking and coming back we found this entrance (shown in the pic below) but the barricade was down. we were still not sure if this was the entrance as the hoarding was in local language. There was another car behind us in the same dilemma. my friend came out of the car and lifted the barricade then we went inside. the other car also followed us.

Temple is about 200-300 mtrs of broken roads from here, there was no one near the temple to tell us anything. first we parked there any walked down to the lake. then i felt that the path to lake is good enough to bring the punto there for some photoshoot!
    thats how i got the punto there :)

The entrance (notice the barricade in the pic):
    thattekere entrance 1.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice idea, I am tentative as of now, will confirm soon.
  4. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Good initiative thank you for taking this up.

1. Rajan + 2 - Christmas Fruit Cake - Butter Chicken - Veg Pulav
    2. Shams + 1 -
    3. Cubbie + 1 -
    4. Punto-ed + 1-
  5. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    5. Himanshukumar + 2 (Wife and Kid )
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys - Please copy paste the existing list and then add your name. That way, we have all attendees in one list. Thanks.

1. Rajan + 2 -
    2. Shams + 1 -
    3. Cubbie + 1 -
    4. Punto-ed + 1-
    5. Himanshukumar + 2

Rajan
  7. 1. Rajan + 2 -
    2. Shams + 1 -
    3. Cubbie + 1 -
    4. Punto-ed + 1-
    5. Himanshukumar + 2
    6. Sat+1
    2 people like this.
  8. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    1. Rajan + 2 -
    2. Shams + 1 -
    3. Cubbie + 1 -
    4. Punto-ed + 1-
    5. Himanshukumar + 2
    6. Sat+1
    7. Cannonera (Hari)
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1. Rajan + 2 -
    2. Shams + 1 -
    3. Cubbie + 1 -
    4. Punto-ed + 1-
    5. Himanshukumar + 2
    6. Sat+1
    7. Cannonera (Hari)
    8. Pran+2

@Rajan
    Will compensate for the pictureless meet than happened today :)

And yes, I would like to get the taste of your TJet more than the butter chicken
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,

I stay in JigaNi, which is on the way to Thattekere.
    Unfortunately, I will be unable to make it on 21st since I am planning for a trip to Gujarat during the last 12 days of this month.

Some information which might help you, since I have been to this place multiple times in the last 2 months:

Route/s:

I saw the route map in the first post. I opine that no need to take a deviation at Koppa gate [on Bannerughatta road].

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Via Bannerghatta road:
    Bannerughatta road --> JigaNi --> Ooruganadoddi --> Thattekere:
    2 lane road all the way.

Bannerughatta road is chaotic these days. The most peaceful route would be to take the Hosur road to reach JigaNi.
    It is upto you folks to decide, though.

The road near and after Ooruganadoddi village is awesome to drive, hardly any vehicles.
    Beware of mega-potholes on the way, which come once in a while on the butter-smooth road.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...JA&oq=Gottigere&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=14&t=m&z=14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Via Hosur road:
    Silk Board --> Bommasandra flyover --> JigaNi --> Ooruganadoddi --> Thattekere:

6 lane from silk board till Bommasandra flyover.
    2 lane for about 2 kms and then 4 lane for 6-7kms till JigaNi.
    2 lane from JigaNi till Thattekere.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...MxoJCmbA6v16WeuOzGv5KTKJMxoJA&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

3. Via Kanakapura road:
    Kanakapura road --> HarohaLLi --> Thattekere:

W.r.t. the aforementioned routes:
    Rural roads have been pathetic from JigaNi till almost Ooruganadoddi [more than 5 kms], which is on the way to Thattekere.
    If you opine that the roads are pathetic in this rural stretch, you may want to return back to the city via Kanakapura road.
    This is also a nice route.

The road conditions in this route are better and enjoyable as well.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...KTKJMxoJA&oq=Banashankari tem&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

1. There are 2 entrances to the lake:
    (a) One is at the gate shown in the pic posted by Shams. When I went for the first time, we removed the barricade ourselves, passed through and again barricaded.
    (b) One is through the Thattekere village. Take this route only if the first route is barricaded.
    Both are mud roads for about 2-3 kms, and equally enjoyable.
    Locals will help you find the way, if you ask them. :)

2. Beware of the electric meshes [laid for preventing elephants from entering this zone] if you take route (a).
    Route (a) is blocked after 5:00p.m. with these electric fences. However, you can manually unblock the fence/barricade and pass through.

3. This place is awesome during the dawn and dusk.
    3 people like this.