1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore meet with a twist - Report Post 108 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PatchyBoy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This was one of those memorable meet for me and wifey and we were eagerly looking for it since last 3 odd weeks when Rajan mentioned we will do an Christmas meet.

Majority of us assembled at Aadigas Hotel at around 8am ish, Rajan was 1st to arrive at 7:30am, had sumptuous South Indian breakfast and moved towards our destination 'Thatte Kere' if I translate this as is then it means 'Plate Lake'
    but I'm sure there would be some background to the 'name' as with many Indian villages and town.

The drive was beautiful passing thru some picturesque places and we had to inquire few passers by for the way just to reassure ourselves that we are going the right direction.

But there was a 'TWIST' as soon as we reached the national park boundary we noticed that the barrier pole was locked by the forest guard and most of our faces showed up the question as to what next !!
    luckily, A bystander mentioned that there is another way and we took a detour via the village instead and it cheered us as if we found a lost treasure !!

One by one the cars made into a large expansion of land which belonged to a temple, and we were greeted by the brave souls 'Monkeys' after the kids had some fun, everyone headed towards the lake side and we gathered our food items and carpets and made ready the Picnic Spot !

There was a sign board that cautioned not to venture into the lake as there were crocodiles ! And we restrained ourselves and enjoyed the surroundings till and took some snaps, ventured into some wooded parts of the lake to catch a glimpse of some birds and we did find few and will post the pics later !

The food preparation was excellent and one of the most exotic spreads have seen and thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes and the steal of the show was the Christmas Pudding, I can't express the taste in words !! And thanks to Mrs.Rajan for baking it for all of us and I am sure everyone helped themselves generously (I did ;) )

After chit chatting for some time we called it a day and all of us bid adieu and before that we took some group snaps. Few teaser snaps attached and rest on its way from others.
    9 people like this.
  2. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0034.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    13 people like this.
  3. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Zen ,

FYI .

We imagined this Garbage cover is more important than having the knowledge of littering the nature !!!

IMG_2808.jpg

hope it satisfied you.
    11 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Punto-ed,
    Thats great all. Thank you for preserving the nature as the way it is. :clap
    I hope and wish that my statement was not taken in negative sense and it was not definitely meant that way. Just a concern, that is all.

Anyways, nice pics guys and def the place looks pretty nice. Do post more pics and also do mention the folks names, hardly can identify few ;)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not at all Zen. If you have read the thread calling for the meet, in it's entirety, you would have noticed that we already planned for garbage bags. I for one am a nature lover and do my bit to minimize the damage I do to it. One of the main reasons why I refuse to buy a diesel car.

Of course, your post helped serve as a reminder to us to avoid littering. Thanks for that.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep sir, did remember reading that post, just wanted to say it at the end tho, as you said it sort of helped. Glad to know that most of us (TFIians) are really into preserving the nature, it disappointing me to tell you the kind of city educated well working idiots i see in my trekking time who litter nature after being told not to, which we (my trek team) and others end up picking it up. Kudos to all of you people. Great going! :up
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    All,

Nice to see the pics of families enjoying a day out.

Need to see pics of the pot luck lunch too. What was on the menu?:D

I am sure even the food must have been a thing to die for.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I avoided The food spread intentionally, ;) now you asked for it.... Here is the mouth watering dishes

Dosas and Onion Chutney
    veg biryani
    methi mutter pulao,
    Parathas,
    Dum Aloo,
    Chicken Pickle
    Boondi Raita
    Jeera Rice
    Butter Chicken
    Christmas Fruit Cake
    Corn Rice
    Prawns Gravy
    Chicken and mutton biryani
    Chicken and mutton fry
    Fruits
    2 people like this.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    What a meet it was !!
    Enjoyed every minute and had a great time out from our hectic city life.
    Thanks to everyone , especially Rajan to make it happen.
    The taste of the cake, curries, biriyani and dosa's were just awesome, I will remember this for a long long time.
    Here are some pics.
    food pics are in my phone will post shortly.
    small_tf1.JPG
    small_tfi15.JPG small_tf13.JPG small_tf12.JPG small_tf11.JPG small_tf10.JPG small_tf9.JPG small_tf8.JPG small_tf6.JPG small_tf5.JPG small_tf4.JPG small_tf3.JPG

tf11.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    11 people like this.
  10. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice pics missed it this time , waiting for the next meet .

Great effort by patchyboy and others keep going .:)