1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Madurai - Rameshwaram Road trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Surya, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys i would like to know how is the road condition and weather condition at this time as i am planning for a road trip to this place this weekend.
    Plan for the travel
    Passengers- 4 People
    10 Aug - Start early morning reach Rameshwaram
    11 Aug - Visit nearby places - Dhanushkodi
    12 Aug - Start to Bangalore visit Madurai temple on the way reach Bangalore in the evening.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From Bangalore to Madurai, you will get all 4 lane barring the under construction of 6 lane between Bangalore and Krishnagiri. From Madurai to Rameshwaram it is 2 way lane but the road will be good. No need to worry about rain at this time in TN.

Expect hot weather at Rameshwaram.
    1 person likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My plan to be in Rameswaram is for Aug 15 (reach) ,16 (visit) ,17 (return).
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As its holiday weekend expect much traffic and crowd in the places
  5. I visited Rameshwaram during pongal,at that time entire strech from madurai to Rameshwaram was deserted.
    There was ussual crowd at temple but return trip we visited madurai temple.it was totally crowded but first time i saw how a festival is celebrated in TN.
    I still remember the smell of Thulasi(Basil)is fresh in my mind.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Sat, did you hire any local taxi or cab to visit places in and around Rameshwaram or drove punto?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You can drive your Punto to all the places. Even for Dhanushkudi, you can drive your Punto upto certain point and from there you can hire a 4x4 to go further. No worries.
  8. I had hired a jeep to go to dhnuskodi all other places were covered by punto.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Yesterday visited KHT motors ASS in the evening got the car checked and purchased a litre of Selenia for my journey, Thanks KHT for good co-operation and support.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Guys it wasn't a pleasant trip as my dad developed health problems on the way with high fever 105 had to admit him at Karur Apollo on the way to Rameshwaram he recovered well to the treatment at the hospital, I dropped the idea of traveling further and drove back to Bangalore on Saturday. He is fine now, I am grateful to all those guys who helped me reach the hospital and the staff and doctors there who helped my dad recover.