1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Kolkata-Bangalore(never gets old!!!)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by wolverine_arnab, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Reached bangalore @8 am in the morning...we stopped for a nap @ccd in tirupati after covering 1350kms within 24 hrs(3hrs break), and moved out from there by 4:30am

Puri-bangalore the distance covered was 1562kms@mileage of 18 which included 3 hrs of idling with ac on.
    Overall the journey was very thrilling,the car performed as it should and did exceed my expectations. Drove at some extreme speeds which I will not disclose in the public forum.(for a second I thought the speedometer will see some history)
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    4 people like this.
  2. Reviving the thread after a long time.. uploadfromtaptalk1373521654731.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.

3. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Some pics from my recent Kolkata-Bangalore trip.
    Day 1(Kolkata-Puri);25/7-26/7
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Day 2(Puri,jaggnath dev darshanam):26/7

himanshu4886, raj29, Ravi and 2 others like this.
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Arnab, I'm getting inspired by your trip to do a trip in the Durga Pujas this October by road.

Planning to do this in 2 days with 1 night halt@ Vizag. 2 kids around 2.5 yrs old , and my wife. I'm the only driver, will be going in my Punto. I'm expecting around 18 hrs travel per day, including breaks. Will be leaving Bangalore around 3AM.

Does this sound allright or over-ambitious ?

As per
    this post , is the Bangalore->Hyd->Vijayawada->Vizag route better than the Bangalore->Tirupati->Naidupeta->Vijayawada->Vizag route ?

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  7. Awesome buddy, you should do this trip..this is a great road which will make you fall in love with your punto even more.
    If you take the hyderabad route it will be longer by 250 kms compared to the Tirupati-Naidupeta route.
    Roads are in excellent condition here now, though bi lane.
    Best you take a night halt in vizag(as you are travelling with your kids),else I would have recommended driving till gopalpur on sea and next day you can either travel till kolkata or take a night halt in bhubaneshwar.
    Btw when you are planning to do this trip exactly?
    I may be going in durga puja..always better if another punto accompanies.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This is the route for BLR>HYD>VIZAG.

Bangalore> Hyd will take 5.5 to 6 Hrs ( Hebbal to ORR-NH7 Junction). Before that Very good resturant is near Jadcherla Toll gate ( By 8 You will be there), Complete your brakefast ( with 1 hr rest). Start from there and through ORR go towards Ramoji Film City, Merge with NH9. From NH7-ORR Junction to Vijayawada will take 3.5-4 Hrs. By 1:00 You will be in Vijayawada, Take rest for 1.5 -2 hrs with lunch, By 3 You will cross Vijayawada.

Vijayawada to Rajahmundri = 199 km 2-2.5 hrs. By 5:30 You will be in Rajahmundri. Take brake for 30 mintues. Rajahmundri to Vizag=200 Km will take another 2-2.5 hrs. By 8 You will be near MVP colony.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

I'm planning to start from Blr on the weekend starting 5th October and return the weekend starting 20th October . It will be great if you can join !
  10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Hi Guys,

I am planning to do Bangalore-Bihar via Vizag next month; since Bangalore-Hydrabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Allahabad-Patna route is worst in entire MP stretch.

Anyone has update on current road condition for below routes?

1. Bangalore-Nellore-Vijavada-Vizag-Balasore-Jamshedpur-Patna
    2. Bangalore-Hydrabad-Vizag-Balasore-Jamshedpur-Patna

I don't mind driving 100-200KMs extra for 4-6 lane driving.

Thanks in advance.