1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Kolkata-Bangalore(never gets old!!!)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by wolverine_arnab, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Thanks guys, thank you very much for your enthusiastic words and support..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

2. No stayed on the GQ itself..
    1 person likes this.

3. The route is very simple;Bangalore-Tiruptahi-Nayudupeta-Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam-Bhubaneshwar-Jaleshwar-Kharagpur-Kolkata
    The map of the route I took:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&amp;safe=off&amp;q=bangalore+to+kolkata&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=16.993755,82.946777&amp;spn=9.637458,10.769533&amp;t=m&amp;saddr=bangalore&amp;daddr=kolkata&amp;geocode=FU_uxQAdw_-fBCltTrTJcBauOzHgT35R6MPf-A%3BFWZuWAEdd1NEBSln9ghJ24L4OTG8LGyP5jDjQw&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&amp;safe=off&amp;q=bangalore+to+kolkata&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=16.993755,82.946777&amp;spn=9.637458,10.769533&amp;t=m&amp;saddr=bangalore&amp;daddr=kolkata&amp;geocode=FU_uxQAdw_-fBCltTrTJcBauOzHgT35R6MPf-A%3BFWZuWAEdd1NEBSln9ghJ24L4OTG8LGyP5jDjQw&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

If you are planning to drive down to Kolkata during puja,it is a very good idea buddy..Weather in these coastal region is always too humid and hot during the day,nights are very pleasant.I prefer to drive at most stretches during night.AC is must..When you cross cities like Visakhapatnam,Bhubaneshwar it is best to cross them before 6am,else its very frustating to drive through city traffic..

Roads till AP-OR border is in perfect condition,in orissa also it is perfect,but on plain concrete roads you will be surprised by sudden appearance of big pot holes.(better to do this stretch during the day.You can easily maintain 120-130kmph.

Btw,are you planning this drive in your petrol punto??
    Just FYI,in 2011 when I drove my Punto(Petrol)from Kolkata to bangalore and back,I had to shell out 12k per trip(only for petrol,that time it was something around 60s),but I drove her very very spiritedly..
  4. Sunrise in Gopalpur-On-Sea viewed from our room,behind the trees lie the sea.
    bangalore-kolkata 174.jpg

Some Misc Pics

bangalore-kolkata 203.jpg
    bangalore-kolkata 201.jpg
    bangalore-kolkata 195.jpg
    bangalore-kolkata 194.jpg
    bangalore-kolkata 193.jpg
    bangalore-kolkata 187.jpg

bangalore-kolkata 186.jpg

bangalore-kolkata 179.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Reviving the thread after a long time. ..
    Our journey for bangalore begins....muvd out now. ..

2 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Have a safe trip. When do you expect to get to Bangalore? Any plans of stopping for a day or two enroute?

Rajan
  7. We stopped for dinner..till now completed 150 kms..

8. Thank you Mr.Rajan..

This trip is special for us, my in laws decided to accompany us..so we will be most probably staying in puri for darshan, sightseeing and relaxing for a few days...

9. Crossing bhubaneshwar.

10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yahooooo...........you are back. Seems that this time you will give more feast for our eyes :D. Drive safe.