1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Kerala - Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arulvr, Sep 14, 2010.

1. arulvr

My Punto has only been to short trips, probably between 300-400km range and I wanted to open her up after 3500km and take a long stretch. The long weekend was a blessing and I had pulled in few of my friends. The plan was to take a Benz along with Punto but the Benz owner backed off so, we were loaded with five hefty guys and fully loaded with baggage. This is probably the first time I had five passenger in my car. We started around 9:30pm on Thursday and I drove till Coimbatore and handed over to my mallu friends to take her onto Kerala. Boy, I was simply struck with awe with the way Punto pulls the strings...we never felt lack of power and hardly scrapped the bottom. It was super cool and super smooth. I only touched 120KM and not more than that. I guess the fourth gear is of no use in highway which I just learnt. I kept pushing her in 3rd gear, drool over the engine note (I can exchange anything to hear this growl) and then slot it to the fifth.

We hit Munnar and other places as most of the places are well known to us and have been many a times out there. However, climbing the hills and the steering feedback was one awe-some experience. My colleague who has Honda City just kissed the steering wheel when he found it to be top class. This is his first ride on Punto as well.

I'm not getting into more details on the trip, but this was one first trip where I covered 1500km in my Punto and boy, it was absolutely fabulous. FIAT - Take a bow !!!

Looking for many more miles and I one for sure is flattened with the machine and in love with her more than ever!!!

BTW, its dusty dusty and more dusty :-( need a thorough wash...

Some pics attached

2. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

\m/ ..nice one man ! the 1.4's totally awesome on the highways. Agree with you there , its the 3rd gear which does the pulling job.
    i am surprised though that with guys on those sort of roads ( the one in the pic above ) how did u not manage the scrap the bottom ? :)
    On bad roads with 4 - 5 ppl in my car , my car always falls a victim to it .. and my heart goes ... ooooh f**k!
  3. arulvr

Guess it got to do with the right pressure ratio...like I said in the other post, 31 F/32 R Nitro works good for me. If you look at the 2nd pic, we had guys assisting us on the way up towards a remote cottage where no one goes that often..