1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore Group buying in August - Completed!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by omzworld, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omzworld

One Questions to expert:

As 3 of us have bought Punto Emotion Variant. What are most necessary upgrades we should do straightaway?
    I have two accessories in mind:
    1. 3M sun film for side and rear
    2. Spoiler (Its a must have for me :) )

I do not know about tyre upgrade as I am completely new to car driving. Is it that the Emotion tyres are under-tyred(Whatever that means!!) :grin:

Is it a must to upgrade headlights to something more powerful? Any idea which one and how much damage?
    ICE - I would have liked to use USB and Aux functionality. Now probably need to upgrade the HU itself.

Anyone in Team Fiat upgrading HU of their Em PK or Old Blau HU?? I would be more than happy to buy in either case!
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  2. shams

shams Esperto

3M sunfilm is given by the dealer usually for free. u might have to haggle a bit if they have not already promised it
    Also if you are going to put OEM spoiler, try to negotiate little on its cost also. it costs around 6k with paint.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats Bangalore TFIans for the "bulk" purchase. :)

Definitely get the sun film, from an authorised guy. So that you get genuine 3M.

And yes do give the Punto better tyres than those 165/80/14 ones. Something like 185/70/14 is quite ideal and easy on the pocket also. But you might have to change your rims to alloys to get this size of tyre to fit.

About the headlights, just change the bulb to Osram NightBreaker Plus H4 ( Punto) - Rs.850 or so for a pair of bulbs. TFIans are already using this setup and very happy with it.

4. omzworld

The showroom was ok to give Garware and said they do not have tie up with 3M.
    We might go to authorised 3M workshop in Bangy to get this.

Osram Nightbreaker Plus H4 - Definitely on 1st day! - Thanks Gurjinder

Tyres + Alloys..Woof! Dont think they will come below 20K even after exchanging the factory fitted ones. Was hopeful if only tyre upgrade was possible within 10-12K.
    Probably Babe has to wait for the first set to wear out before getting better shoes:)
  5. niranjan_81

Congrats to all of you. What are the freebies you people were able to get? Regarding 3 M sunfilming, I did it from the showroom. The bill was Rs. 3850. (All four doors and boot). It shows 3M watermark.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great news.
    I am closing this thread now.

Please continue discussions on accessories or others, in respective threads.

Do open ownership threads soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.