1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore Group buying in August - Completed!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by omzworld, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    My linea had undergone AC O ring repairs recently. I did not see any issues, but dealer called me that it is defective and replaced under warranty. Also got the Steering pipe replaced as well.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. omzworld

omzworld

Ashtek and Raj21 I will give you a call today after reaching home.

Raj21 - Just noticed you are having 12K as corporate discount while from Prerna its 7K. So at least we have a pointer to save 5k straightaway.
    We will discuss furher in evening!
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  4. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    From what I understand, the corp discount depends on where you work. They have it classified as Tier 1 , Tier 2 etc. Even I was offered only 7K by the Honda guys and even Concorde earlier.

Btw, I have PMed you my number
  5. omzworld

omzworld

Hey Torpedo, I am in Genpact and Wife in Infy so both in Tier 1 category as per them.
    So difficult to understand how Raj got the 12K. Everything is not as clear as it looks ;)
  6. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Hi Everyone !
    I just talked to my salesman and he said he can meet any offer you get from other dealers. SO I think you should talk to KHT and prerana get their best offers and then I can call in my sales guy and we can meet and discuss what else he can do for us...I have built a little personal relationship with this guy so I feel I can leverage this versus going to some unknown guy.

I am also expecting some discount out of my already booked car. so that's my reason to do this..Just to be clear about my motives. :)

Update about the discount. I was just contacted by my sales guy and told the corp discount has been reduced by 2 k so it's 10 k officially now. and punto would be 7k from 9k..

Hi Everyone !
    would appreciate if everyone pm'ed me their numbers as well so we can talk and wind this up quickly before the august discounts fade away !
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  7. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, then that is really wierd, afaik it is around 10 to 12K for Tier 1.

I work at one of the recognised Wall St. firms and was surprised initially when they said it is not Tier 1. When I asked why they said Tier 1 is normally only for IT companies :(

...but then again I don't blame them given the recent blood bath in the markets ;)
  8. Bangalore Group buying in August?

Never knew about this group buying after all these days at the forums !!! Count me in.

* 7.65L OTR ... Tuscan wine
    * 12.5% @ Kotak Mahindra (Finance-man quoted). I shopped around and got a quote of 11.5% floating from VIjaya Bank
    * "No pre- and part- payment options at all sir"(even if I wanted to) in Kotak, according to the finance person. At Vijaya Bank, pre payment is present and comes at a 1% penalty. Vijaya bank manager also said they can give me part payment option without penalty from day 1 !!!!
    * 80-85% loan of the ex-showroom price as loan (85% of 6.6k ~= 5.6lakh) at both banks
    * EMI: 12.9K per month for 5 years at Kotak. Did not enquire about this at Vijaya Bank but I am sure it'll be lower than at Kotak.
    * Standard accessories free like: Floor mats, mud flaps, perfume, idol, sun-film (i think). I am thinking of asking for car cover in lieu of some of these as I feel it is more valuable

How do we solve the issue of different preferences when it comes to showrooms? Aadya and Rajaji Nagar Prerana are the ones near my residence. All the others are far ... some of them very far.

Will do it right after posting my reply. Hope I help
    Count me in too. So now we are 5 :) like omzworld mentioned.

Till Feb I could have got max corp discount :-(
    I have changed from IT to teaching, are there any discoiunts for me? (I know Maruti gives discounts for teachers)

Also, what about loans...we all might have different credit standings and different earning levels and so we might get different deals from banks...how do we search our loans when going for group buying?
  9. omzworld

omzworld

Welcome abiteamfiatforum

Most welcome Sir! And let me congratulate you on taking up the noble profession:)

Which version are you looking at? 7.65 if for Emotion 76HP diesel then WOW! We have got a new benchmark:D. The loan terms from Vijaya Bank look really tempting. I might hop in for this. Let me talk to my HDFC guy about this offer.
    Buying wold be a one time effort and I think we guys wont bother to move that extra bit to extract some more discount;). And servicing can be done in any showroom after the buying process. Plus Fiat has 15K service interval/ 1year. Plus these service centers give free pick up n drop for servicing. We can discuss this further in a call.
    Havent got the PM or mail yet :(
    We as a group will have good purchasing power and surely I feel you can extract a small CORP discount. If I am not wrong financing part from different banks/ having different credit rating would not affect the discounts you can get.
    Hope I could clear some of your doubts. Please PM me your number so that I can inform you where we are at the moment on negotiation stage.
    Hopefully soon we all will be happy owners of out Italian beauties :D
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  10. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All,
    Adit (MD of KHT) has replied to me saying that we can either meet him or call him (provided his cell number). He has assured good deal and also indicated that we can approach him when we are ready and he can speak to Fiat. I think if we are not in a hurry we can wait for a couple of more days and still can get the current deals (supposed to be only in Aug) plus group-buy discounts. I'll call him and re-confirm though.

***Btw there are 2 people from my company and one from Wipro shown interest so far. Hoping for more numbers :)

Ashish
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.