1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore Group buying in August - Completed!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by omzworld, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omzworld

omzworld

Anyone considering Fiat car this discount season? We can come together and negotiaite with dealers.:p
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  2. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    great idea but i've already booked.sorry !
  3. omzworld

omzworld

Hey Raj - From which delaer, model, OTR price, Discount and Freebies please.
    Most probably I am going to negotiate this weekend
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    omzworld Raj21 has booked Linea MJD BNW Active.
  5. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    I just registered here and noticed this thread, so this is my first post. I am on the lookout right now and looking to make a decision soon so will definitely be interested in this.

Having owned a Palio 1.2 sport since 2002 and loving every minute driving it, it has indeed been tough to look at anything beyond a Fiat but still on advice of family and friends, I did try out the ANHC, Swift Dzire, Toyotta Corolla Altis (yes, a wide range in terms of pricing, but I just wanted to check it out anyway). Thought about Vento, but didn't really like it's looks and also got the "take it or leave it" attitude from VW dealer (Magrath road) which made me drop it.

A far as Fiat is concerned I began with a TD of the TJet (awesome, awesome, awesome) a few months ago, but then due to frequent job related travel, never got to the next step. Yesterday, I visited KHT Motors in Indiranagar (I will reserve comments about my overall experience for another thread) and they had a MJD Linea on display. Never have thought of the diesel option earlier and esp. after the TD of TJet, but figured might as well give it a try. So they sent a car home in the afternoon for a TD and I must say I am now confused between MJD and TJET given the price of fuel these days and my usage itself - although I did observe the MJD is way too noisy outside when the AC is running (not sure if this is isolated problem to the test car or MJD in general)

Anyway, to keep this post on topic, the offer given to me is :

- 10K gift cheque i.e cash discount
    - Free 1 year insurance from Future Generali
    - 15K exchange bonus but was very dissapointed that the valuator only offered 60K for my 2002 Palio ( I may not really take this option)
    - 3 months Fuel and all the other stuff that comes with Fiat's Diesel Upgrade offer

Didn't really get into details on the freebies, but I assume they will throw in the common things like mats, mud flaps etc with a little negotitiation. One thing I noticed if that they have a handling charge of around 3K (whatever that is) and I think a transportation charge of about the same - not sure if that is typical with all dealers. Delivery is between 48 hrs to 2 weeks depending on color. 5K extra for premium colors (Tuscan Wine and Fox Trot Azzure)

Can other potential buyers share the details of what they have been offered, please
  6. omzworld

omzworld

This is from Prerna for Punto
    Discounts given - Insurance (17.5) + Cash (10) + Corporate (7) = 34.5K
    Freebies - (6.5K diesel voucher + mud flaps + floor mats+ Perfume, Idol + Sunfilm + (probably body cover)+ Lucky draw
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm planning to buy 1.3 MJD, I too think that it is a good idea to go in group to get a deal.
    I know a colleague of mine who started this 'group-buying' and the group became big & they booked 40 Hyundai Santros!!!(around 5 yrs ago); Advaith offered them a discount of 80K each!
    Are you looking to buy in Aug itself or can you wait for a couple of weeks?.
  8. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got this offer from KHT (whitefield) for GP 1.3

- Free insurance 16.5k
    - Corporate discount 7k
    - Diesel upgrade offer (3 options-lucky draw)

I guess they may also provide mats, flaps, sunfilm, etc...

However they did not offer 10K discount when I went for TD. Just now I called him and mentioned about other delar offering 10K discount, and he says this offer started just 2 days ago and he can give it too!
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  9. omzworld

omzworld

I am not sure if these offers will continue or not. Thats the only reason for Aug.
    Else no other reason to hurry.
    I know for sure July discounts were much worse than what we are getting now.
    If we cna have few more members (say about 5) it would be give good bargaining power.
    I m sure :
    5 for Fiat >>>>> 40 for Hyundai :p
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  10. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Hey,
    Here's what I got
    Discounts given - Insurance (14) + Cash (10) + Corporate (12) + - Diesel upgrade offer (3 options-lucky draw min 6.5k)
    = 42.5K
    mud flaps + floor mats+ Perfume, Idol - These are standard and free
    Discounted- ( Sun film + Rear Parking sensor(oem)) - for 2k
    Exploring the options for bigger tires(to raise GC little bit 195/65 R15 seems to be fav. from what I read around in the net --pls. point me to the correct forum if not right..) and least but certainly not the least--ICE !

alloys and chrome strips to back and sides,painting the ovrms to body color etc to be done at a later state -Active does not come with these
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.