1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Chennai TFI Meet - Yelagiri

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by teky, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Choose a date

1. 29-Jan-2011

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-Feb-2011

33.3%
  3. Both

66.7%
  1. I was@ Yelagiri some where around May-June this year. We stayed 4 a night at O'Nila. The resort facilities are fine. But the negatives were very frequent power cuts (seems the area itself suffering from it) and hence the deafening generator noise. Our cottage was just next to the genset room :A

Moreover, we were extra ambitious that it will be cool at Yelagiri (since it is peak hot in chennai, we went in search of cold). But we were wrong. It was just above pleasantly-hot over there too. Though, by evening it was kind of okay dokay, at which time, we did some boating too.

This date of our trip being in Jan, I believe it should be reasonably good and cool temperatures ::O
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Updated the list now.

So of those who have confirmed so far, I'm planning to stay back overnight in Yelagiri. Anyone interested doing the same or would you like to drive back the same day.

Regarding the accommodation I've heard some good reviews about hotel Landmark so we can try and speak to them once we've finalized the numbers. We shall wait till end of this month before starting to talk to them.

Now where are the other Bangalore/Chennai TFI'ans?
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good initiative guys, but the numbers should be more.
  4. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

Add me in guys. I would like to stay overnight too.

My family will be Gopi+Wife+2 kids
  5. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Guys, I would suggest Hotel Landmark for this Meet. Of all the hotels I've stayed in yelagiri(including O'nila), I found Landmark to have the best rooms and ambience. The food taste was not consistent though, on one occasion it was very average and on the other occasion it was very good( though quantity was on the lesser side). They have a volley court, place to play cricket and kids area too. They don't have a swimming pool.

You guys can try Zeenath Taj too, but liquor is not allowed inside the resort.
  6. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    I would also be in for sometime around January , Pretty excited to be a part of this. Let me know by email as well . a.arjunr@gmail.com.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for all those guys who have confirmed so far. I would also like to know your preference about staying back over night and who is returning, So that I shall talk to any of those hotels around there to get approximate prices.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    teky, I will be returning back same day, can't stay there.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No stay at Yelagiri. After visiting Yeagiri, we will be proceeding to Chennai and halt there.
  10. vks

vks

Bangalore
    any special deals for visitors from Pune? :) ;-)