1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Chennai TFI Meet - Yelagiri

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by teky, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Choose a date

1. 29-Jan-2011

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-Feb-2011

33.3%
  3. Both

66.7%
  1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Now some pics that I captured using my mobile. Pardon me, I was alone in the car and hence was able to grab these type of pics only.. I mean capture the ones from the OVRMs..

Now a quick summary of what happened -

Self and Teky started in the morning at 6:30 and reached the Motel where all of us gathered by close to 8AM. Oh boy, what a cool site to see lots of Lineas and Puntos in the Motel.

We left the hotel by 9ish and started to drive sedate until the Toll where things started to change. There was mad rush in the toll and self and Vijay got stuck badly in one of the lanes.. rest of them managed to escape through another toll lane.

Then I did some real good sprints until Vellore. Here is goes.. for those who want to know what the T-Jet can deliver if pushed to its limits,

1st - 48 km/hr at 6500rpm
    2nd - 90km/hr at 6500rpm
    3rd - 143km/hr at 6400rpm
    4th - 186km/hr at 6200rpm
    5th - 207km/hr at 5100rpm

Obviously these were speedo reads and will have some margin of error (may be 5km/hr) and the RPM pointers given were noted as much accurate as possible..I had to see the road as well at these speeds. :mrgreen:

Then at one stage, self and Linea Lover did a good fun chase for a few kms.. and MJD showed its real muscle to beat the T-jet in a couple of occassions.. thanks to brilliant and spirited drive by Linea Lover. :clap

But this chase ended when both of us did some grave mistakes in one of the flyovers (near Vaniyambadi) where we took the cars above 160km/hr. After all we have to RESPECT THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. I just missed the divider and Linea Lovers car by inches since I was not able to shed speed as Linea Lover even with all wheel discs and it did create a big scene (those wheel screeches and heavy fish tailing).. may be i approached the curve at speeds over 175 which is way too much for the car to handle (also the curve was very steep).. after this incident we decided to drive like HUMANS since we didnt want to spoil the entire show.

Then all of us took the Ghats and reached yelagiri and it was all about CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS... :car

Went to the Lake and spent some good time and then we decided to proceed to "THE" place where we did some good photography.. Lively young man and others.. what happened to those drool pics that we took :dance Bring it fast guys :up

Started off at 5ish and retuned to Chennai.. this time we all decided to extract the maximum out of our cars. and hence 18.2 from my T-Jet (at 80-100km/hr) and 25+ from Teky and Linea Lover at same speed ranges.

And one point here is - I had to get the maximum mileage out of her since I got only 7+ during my onward journey because of extremely spirited driving. :mrgreen:

And it all ended happily!!!!!!

Now some pics.

LineaLover.jpg

Teky.jpg

LineaLover_Vijay.jpg

Teky_Vijay.jpg

Vijay.jpg

RB.jpg

RB1.jpg
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice pictures Sathya.

Asking for more details of T-Jet+ FE is with joy :dancing .
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Yes.. I know.. Ravi.. But you know it becomes difficult to make people believe that that T-jet gives 18+ mileage..However 18+ mileage in a vehicle that is crazily fast (again within 10 lak segment) is great! :wow
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    You and me are the exapmles of that. If you drive the way its supposed to be, you will get these figures. If you get drunk on the power of the Jet, which I have done a few times, you wont cross 10-11 kmpl for sure.
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
  6. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    Great photos guys!

I didn't know what to expect, seeing this was my first trip with Team Fiat. It was a blast! And as everyone said, it would've been fun to have more folks from B'lore. Anyhow, we're still on the same planet, so till next time.

Thanks to Teky for organising this and all the other Chennai guys for making it fun!
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for making to it rainy. You were the lonely warrior from Bangalore. Awaiting some pictures you took during the meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Bangalore guys have too much of attitude. How many times i requested in the forum and Grandeur even sent personal message to all bangalore guys. None cared to even reply by posting it in forum. And now some bloreans are eager to see photos. Thats ridiculous. I feel ashamed to reply to this forum now. thats y i was silent all these days, though i visited everyday. I feel ashamed coz i volunteered teky that i am ready to take the lead if all are ok, but none of the guys shown any interest. :( I am very upset
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    pammu - Why so serious, I think the Bangalore guys who were really interested did PM/ reply on the thread about the reasons for not being to able to make it. Hope for a better turn around during the next CHN/BLR meet, What say?
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Here are more pictures as promised.

_MG_3366.jpg

_MG_3370.jpg

_MG_3371.jpg

_MG_3372.jpg

_MG_3373.jpg

_MG_3387.jpg