1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Chennai TFI Meet - Yelagiri

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by teky, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Choose a date

1. 29-Jan-2011

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-Feb-2011

33.3%
  3. Both

66.7%
  1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Hope everything is well now Binze. You don't need to kneel down but couple of wheel spins and drifts up the valley will keep me happy :helmet

Attaching one more picture the photo shoot locations. Guys all the pictures I shot over my camcorder are a bit washed out, So will upload them after a bit of processing.

Hope you all can make it next time, It should be even more fun.

DSC00639 - Edit.jpg
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey guys, if you facing some problems in uploading pictures or reducing size of the pictures, then you can use a picture hosting sites. I generally use Tinypic.com or Photobucket.com for all my picture uploads at TFI. Upload the pictures there irrespective of the size and just post the link here, it will be automatically embedded in the forum.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Ohh.. A wonderful trip indeed and a lot of action on the thread. I will start with this post and will continue in the following posts..

Trip: Chennai - Yelagiri (Chennai-BLR Team FIAT Meet)
    Total Distance: ~250km from Chennai

Statistics:

Onward Hourney - Chennai to Yelagiri
    Type of Driving - Extremely Spirited (Pushed it to limits and she did MAX OUT at a point in 5th.. I mean the REV limiter kicked in at 5th)
    Traffic: Very Light to Light
    Avg Fuel Eff : 7.8km/lt (for the entire onward journey including Ghats)

Pure Fun to drive the T-Jet. Its indeed a powerful machine.

Return journey: Yelagiri to Chennai
    Type of Driving: Sedate (80-100km/lt)
    Avg Speed: 61km/hr
    Traffic: Light
    Avg Fuel Efficiency: 18.2km/lt (for the entire return journey including Ghats)

Issue faced: Yes.. A creeking sound from the rear right side. Yet to find out what it is.

Teky Thanks for arranging and coordinating..

All, thanks for coming out and making this trip funfilled.

Others, Pls join us for the next trip and let us extend the fun we had!

Detailed report along with some pics will follow soon.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    18.2km/lt for TJet !!! Satya keep away from ARAI, they might place you as test driver.
    Good work guys, post more pics pls. Something I just observed Tjet has better stance than the MJDs Lineas, 205 tires.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I feel this 18+ mileage was only because of coming down the ghats and satya didn't use much of the accelerator... Is 18.2 measured using tank full method or through the MID.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Shashank - All the figures quoted here are figures from MID, So we would defo need to put in some error margin. Also the whole return journey from Bangalore to Chennai is actually downhill whilst uphill on the onward journey.
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    As per Fiat Manual 3 Liters is reserve.Prevention for Air lock even in Petrol.
    So total - 42 liters
    42 / 6 stems in fuel will give 7 Liters each
    Also we all know When the red indicator comes its 7 liters.
    Normally we do the mistake in Filling petrol for full tank.
    - We shake the car and make it full full that's makes Min of 1.5 liters extra which makes error in final calculation.
    - Only up to neck start of tank is 42 liters this have been tested.
    - but some times due to reverse thrust also petrol filling may stop but u can see the needle in ur car.

In my case I filled up tank stopped at when full i.e normal one when i returned it came to the red signal warning Of course it went some 10 Kms extra to reach my house after warning.

My journey was Chennai to Yelagiri (Bottom of hill MID- 15.6)(Above hill 14.5) - Tirupatur(heavy City Traffic for 10 Kms ) (14.1)
    Return Journey was tirupatur to Kanchipuram(Before Enter 15.3)(For lunch same city traffic 15 km with railway gate for 10 mins)(After 14.6) - chennai(14.2).

Total Kms - 507
    Petrol taken -(42 - 7 ) 35 = 14.5
    MID shows 14.2

Correct me any where wrong.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Vijay I feel you are on dot.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    @vasudev finally printscreen works Noneed to cut vasu the whole pic is less than 100 Kb.thanks
    Some Pics[attachment=4:28yr1b9x]test4.JPG[/attachment:28yr1b9x]

test4.JPG

test2.jpeg

test1.jpeg

test.jpg

test3.JPG
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Hey.. The MID reading was for the whole 250kms and not only for 20kms of Ghats.. Just after completing the ghats section my MID was showing 21.7km/lt and when I reached Chennai after doing some 230kms (after ghats) the MID read 18.2km/lt.. If you look into my earlier posts the diff between MID, T2T and Ecodrive are almost negligible.. in the range of .2 km/lt

So the T-Jet actually gave ~18km/lt for about 250kms..

Pics are the proof. Sorry to say, but I am sad that I need to attach pics even to make FIAT enthusiasts believe that new generation FIAT cars are a blend of both power and mileage ::pP

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg