1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore - Chennai TFI Meet - Yelagiri

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by teky, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Choose a date

1. 29-Jan-2011

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-Feb-2011

33.3%
  3. Both

66.7%
  1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Adding another point.

Elagiri or Yelagiri is a hill top and people who have not done an uphill climb should keep this in mind. I havent been there so far so no idea about the climb steepness whether any hair pin bends etc. But just cautioning.
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Route:From Bangalore, get on to Hosur Road (NH7) and head towards Krishnagiri. The 4-lane National Highway is excellent and you should make it in less than 2 hours (crazy driving will get you elsewhere). At Krishnagiri, there's a toll-gate manned by the National Highways Authority. Pay your toll and at the second flyover (don't go over the flyover), take the service road towards the left. This road goes to Chennai. Take the left and for the next hour or so (approx. 50 kilometers), drive on NH46. You'll come to another toll-station. Pay and drive for a few minutes till you see Vanni Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Further up you'll see a sign 'Elagiri' (36 kms) indicated by a 'U' turn arrow (careful not to miss this sign) and that you need to keep left, take the 'U' turn, go under the bridge and on to the road towards Thirupathur. That's the road you need to get on to. Drive for about 7 kilometers (you'll see the winding road that leads up to the hills to your left). On the left, you'll see a big sign board 'Tamilnadu Tourism Department Welcomes You'. Turn left at this junction, there's a sign board pointing towards Yelagiri.

** Courtesy Spider77 BHPian
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Info: There are 14 hair pin bends en route elagiri/yelagiri
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Guys - Thanks for your all the interest you've been showing here. Based on the votes so far we've decided to do this meet on Febraury 5th

Now I would need someone from Bangalore to take a lead to organize amongst themselves. I would also recommend guys to exchange their mobile number so that we can really keep in touch quickly instead of having to wait for the response on the thread.

To the guys who voted for 29th - Apologies, hope you can make for the next meet or this meet itself ::T
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    :clap :clap

Teky have you gone through all my posts of the day?

There was a numbered list. how about commenting on the same?

Events for the day. Some TEAM FIAT badges etc.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    @plc - To be honest I haven't planned much around the events, Ideally I would want someone from Bangalore to co-ordinate amongst those coming from Bangalore.

Here's the rough agenda on how things stand

7.00 AM - Chennai Guys to assemble at the Motel which is just before Tirupati diversion on the NH4. (I would leave the Bangalore guys to fix upon a place to start, may be after the Elevated Tollway? - We would ideally want to reach the hill top around 11.00 AM so plan accordingly)
    8.00 AM - Start time from the Motel after completing our Breakfast and head towards Yelagiri
    10.45 AM - Meet at somepoint just before the hills start (I have been to Yelagiri about 10 years back so don't know where). Can someone who has been to Yelagiri tell us about a meeting point for the Chennai & Bangalore folks typically to accomodate around 10 cars say.
    12.00 PM - Head to Hotel Landmark for Lunch (A buffet lunch costs INR 200 per person as informed to me last time - If anyone has any preference to do let us know on the the thread)
    2.00 PM - Head to Botanical Garden where we can have discussion about Cars, Cars, Cars :car , Families accompying can also spend some time in the Garden.

5.00 PM - Ascend down from Yelagiri to head back to Bangalore/Chennai

So we've sometime after lunch where some events can be organised - Tokyo F & F drift anyone ::V . I would leave it you guys to decide about what we do, Please add/suggest anything else if you have any further views
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    If no one from Bangalore is ready to take up the lead, I am expressing my willingness to do that part. I request all bangalore guys to mark their attendance.

I guess not all FIATians from bangalore are members of this Forum yet. I will personally meet each FIAT owner in my residential community and ask them to participate :)
  8. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    Sorry for checking in late, work has been a little hectic and it will be so for some more time. Teky called me to confirm about the date and time, so thanks for that!

@pammuluvcars
    I'll be travelling from B'lore. Let me know where and at what time we can meet up. I would prefer somewhere outside the city as I stay pretty close to the border. It'll be easier to meet either at the HP/Cafe Coffee Day or BP/Ananda Bhavan rest stops.

Cheers!
    Rainy.
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    None of the other Bangaloreans have commented or replied so far in here except Rainy and may be a couple of others. I feel like Bangaloreans are not so keen in this meet. Now are there atleast 10 guys/gals/cars ready to participate from bangalore?
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    This Forum subject is almost dead. Does that mean the program stand cancelled? Please update. Bangalore guys if any of you are still in the boat, ready to sail....please mark your attendance. please.