1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Chennai TFI meet at Yelagiri 17th June - Report Pg 54 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by theblack, May 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing in mind Ravi Ji. Hopefully, Linea will serve me for many more years to come. If Fiat launches a small car in the Alto segment, I may get one as well as a second car. I am thinking of getting a new/used small car next year.

I missed to mention another point in my last post. Anand Ganesh is now owning a Red Punto :).
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. Ramesh , any plan to buy Jeep if launched in India ? :)

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would wish to if my financials allow me to buy :). Not ruled out anyway.
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Awesome.. just speechless. Sad that I wasnt able to make it.. Keep rocking.
  5. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Enjoy the PICZZ!:dancing

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg

DSC_1229.jpg

DSC_1201.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1031.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0660.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_1280.jpg
    16 people like this.
  6. nskumar

nskumar

COIMBATORE
    teamfiat meet

thanks teky/ramesh/theblack/shams for organising such a wonderful meet..second biggest meet after plant visit..enjoyed it

senthil bala.jpg

teamfiat001.jpg

teamfiat002.jpg

teamfiat003.jpg

teamfiat004.jpg

teamfiat005.jpg

teamfiat006.jpg

teamfiat007.jpg

teamfiat008.jpg
    20 people like this.
  7. Coimbatore Report

Our plan was very simple as it was only two cars initially. We had planned to start around 05:30-06:00 and reach there around 11:30-12:00 with a breakfast stop at AAB @Thoppur. Mr.Bala was to join me during return, as Dr.Senthil was staying back. When I called up doc on Saturday, he informed me that Bala is already in Yelagiri with his family and we need to start by 5:00 sharp since the travel time was ~6-7 Hrs & need to sync up the timing of Bangalore/Chennai teams.

I took the delivery of my car after first service in the evening and slept early. I started at 04:30 the next day morning, filled up fuel and was on my way to the meeting point - Passport Kendra, near KMCH/Airport. Around 04:50, doc called up and said he is also on the way & will be reaching after picking up his friend. Exactly at 05:00, as I was about to park the vehicle near the meeting point, doc also joined, it was such a sync :). We did a initial intro and started off immediately. So the two jets - doc along with Mr.Mahesh & me with my friend took off.

The road till Chengapally bye-pass(~50 Kms) was not good, lot of diversions and bad patches as the road widening works are going on. After that it was very good 4 lane track. We picked up Mr.Sathyaseelan from Perundurai and now we were 5 men army flying in two multijets. We did non-stop till AAB. The traffic was normal and we were able to maintain good speeds. We reached AAB, Thoppur at 08:00 sharp, had breakfast, a detailed intro, discussed about the remaining distance & time needed to cover & so on...

After breakfast, Mahesh got behind doc's car's wheel and we started around 08:30 from AAB & reached hotel Landmark at 10:15. We started chatting till the two teams reached. I got to learn lot of things from Mahesh, doc & SS. The teams from Bangalore/Chennai arrived after 2hrs. Had lunch followed by the meeting which others have described earlier. After tea, I started back to Coimbatore around 17:00, Mr.Bala was to start after checking out from the hotel, so he asked me to proceed. I stopped at Avinashi for dinner and reached home around 23:00.

I would like to thank all the organizers teky/ramjn/theblack/shams for making this meet a memorable one. :clap This is my first meet & enjoyed it. Looking forward to more such meets. I heard teky saying the next big meet would be the South India meet @ Ooty, hope to meet you all again there. :D
    10 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats organizers for making the meet a grand event. :up
  9. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    I missed the meet, as I was called on Sunday to attend to an escalation on a project at office. I had already kept Shams informed.
    We plan , but not sure why it doesnt work all the time......May be I and my tank will be in Ooty in the next meet... I am hopeful...
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    continued....
    Like we all say... No matter how great a car we have no matter how much of presence we command there will always be some small niggles that ruin the trip..
    But then again its in the eyes of the beholder to see it as an issue or see it with might.
    Here is one such event.
    IMG_4926.jpg
    this i10 was continuously stalling for reason best known to its driver and we piled up behind it nonetheless it gave me an oppurtunity to get this shot
    Moving ahead and climbing the hill , the feeling was just magnificiant , too good to even explain.
    IMG_4934.jpg
    Once reaching the hotel we all began our slow drive through the narrow roads to reach an empty site for parking.
    Here you see Joe Francis landing with his beauty...
    _MG_4952.jpg
    I must say this is the most well maintained RED i've ever seen..
    The time it arrived at the blr assembly point I was gazing at it ... Not even the hottest girl made me gaze at her this way...
    Awesome job Joe
    And finally all the cars arrived and the once huge site went missing, It felt like we had more FIAT cars , more than even FIAT's dealer stockyards.
    _MG_4960.jpg

Team fiat India had arrived at the Hotel Landmark , officially

Another round of gazing at the chennai cars and discussion about which part of the car can be painted in which color to make it more appealing was done and we headed towards the hotel for some well deserved lunch..
    I was famished and after loitering around for a few mins and checking whether everyone had received the food coupons, I ran to the counter and started hogging.

Tummy full , we headed upstairs to catch up on guys praising their drives and their ladies getting irritated about the same..
    Thank god i didn't give the mic to my better half, I thought!!

A round of chit-chat, coffee break later people started to disperse.
    After settling everything and another final round of Organizers talk later we all greeted each other one last time (Before we meet again) and headed home..
    Heading back home our FIATs were sad, we looked into her eyes and we could see that she wanted to be there again, and again.
    Its ok, good thing come to an end for a better start later is what they started telling us...
    WE looked into her eyes and saw this...
    _MG_4982.jpg

The final few car line up and 2 photos later I leave at 6:30 and reached safely at 10:30PM
    _MG_4979.jpg

This has been one great moment from the time I bought a FIAT, I've seen many brands , cheap ones and good ones But I've never seen a family being made out of it...
    Kudos to all the members for making this happen .
    To us
    :up :drinks
    17 people like this.