1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Chennai TFI meet at Yelagiri 17th June - Report Pg 54 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by theblack, May 8, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sujit/Arun, most of us doesn't have access to FB or similar websites, it would be good to upload here as well.

IMG00109-20120617-1401.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    8 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chennai Report

Thanks Ravi for starting this thread and nicely briefing about how you people started off from Bangalore. Let me try to give a brief report from Chennai side.

As per the plan, teky took charge from the Chennai Meeting point A at 07:15 AM. I (along with linealover. He became my driver till Yelagiri :D) directly headed to Motel Highway at Poonamallee on the NH4. I was there at 07.15 AM itself to have the breakfast early and guide the members when they start arriving at 8AM. I got call from teky at 07.35 AM that everyone has joined at Meeting Point A except pdranjith. I tried to call him but in vein :(. I asked teky to start and come over to Meeting point B. When we were having breakfast at the Motel, the first person to join us there was vigneshram. Slowly, people started coming at the venue. teky along with 10 other members arrived at the Motel just after 8. vigneshram and linealover received the bunch of stickers from teky and they became busy sticking it on the cars (They even sticked at one of Uno that was parked at the Motel ofcourse, with the owner's permission :)). I audited the cars with my list and found that 2 are missing, pdranjith and pemmasg. pdranjith was not traceable and what happened to pemmasg? The Motel is just 5 min drive from his home. I called him and he told me that he is filling the fuel and would be there soon. Finally, he too arrived. I distributed the lunch coupons to the members and also gave them instructions on how we will be proceeding till Yelagiri. There were total of 19 cars and was split in 3 groups. Group 1 was headed by teky. Group 2 was headed by cvanandh. Group 3 was headed by me. We also had vingeshram's car as the sweeping car :) (later realized that it was the toughest test for him than his semester exams).

We started moving at around 9.35AM with group 1 leaving first and other groups in an interval of 5 minutes. Finally got call from pdranjith and he told me that he will directly join us at the Yelagiri. The drive became acid test for many as we imposed speed restrictions. Especially, it was like a test of the decade for vigneshram. He even called me midway and told that he will act as the lead car instead :D. Just after Vellore got a call from shams that they already at the foothills. I told him that we would be there in another 30 minutes. Bangalore team was waiting just after the 2 lane deviation from the NH. When the Chennai team reached the meeting venue, it was 01.15 PM. We had a casual introduction there and just 10 minutes after reaching there, pdranjith along with his friend Jagan also arrived. I asked him what was the speed he did. He replied me 'As Usual' :D.

Amidst all this Coimbatore guys were already at Yelagiri waiting for us. They reached Yelagiri at 10.15 AM.

From here, we split into group of 4-5 cars to climb the hills. Hemanth, FCB guys, and teky left early to take care of the photography when the cars climb over the ghats. Finally, we reached Hotel Landmark by 2 PM. The parking wasn't too tough as we already shortlisted the place to park our cars.

The most interesting and funniest part of the event happened at the conference hall of Hotel Landmark after the lunch. Members introduced about themself and finally their better halfs were also given oppurtunity to express their anguish if any. OMG, it seems they are worst affected than the sales team of Fiat :). The whole session was videographed. I will try to edit and upload it later. Beware teky, video is coming soon :D.

Coffee/Tea with biscuits were ready when we came out of the conference hall. When we started to leave from Hotel landmark, it was 05.30 PM.

The return drive was also very enjoyable. teky and pdranjith exchanged their cars and they were no where in sight when we were driving sedately. linealover drove the T-Jet of Vijays777 very sedately (80-90 KMPH) till Ranipet Toll plaza. We broke at Hotel Sakthi Saravana (After Kanchipuram) for the dinner. Finally, when I reached home it was 10:30PM and I immediately checked the FE for the day on the MID. It showed 19.9.

Pictures, videos will follow.
    15 people like this.
  3. You guys had plans to upload pics in order with good writeups..... so dint want to spoil the thread with random pics in between.
    My album now is Public, any FB user can view them.
  4. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Some pics for now! Thanks Yogan for the pics!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
    18 people like this.
  5. Don't worry ramjn, vigneshram made up for what ever he missed in the onward journey during the return journey in my Palio. ;) I'm sure my Palio would have loved the way he drove it. :p

@Arun, Superb pictures.
    3 people like this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, I login to FB as often as I buy a Korean or a Japanese car. Get the drift, right? ;)
    I was hoping everybody will post all the pictures here.
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    continued..
    with our tanks full _MG_4774.jpg
    _MG_4776.jpg
    and our car full we set out, next stop YELAGIRI

Almost close to the deaviation towards YELAGIRI a few cars overshot the stopzone but since my car is an ABARTH i caught up with them easily and we re-traced our path back in the right direction...
    Little did I know that the SWEEP CAR would shortly become the LEAD CAR..
    the rest of the BLR convoy waited at the stopzone to rendezvous with the chennai folks while we came from another road and actually overtook them and reached the yelagiri road earlier...
    Ah... what a feeling to know that we were leading :car:car

We waited for the BLR guys to turn up and our official LEAD car had found a parking place on the route for all 41 cars to line up...
    This was now getting better and better...
    We came back to catch up with the rest of our team and waited for our chennai friends to arrive.
    Colas, chit-chat, bonnets opened, tires discussed..
    Stickers checked out , envy , pride and everything in between was in the air while waiting for the others to arrive...
    _MG_4845.jpg
    _MG_4848.jpg
    _MG_4851.jpg

Me and karthik went out for a drive and by the time I came back the chennai folks had arrived ( So I've missed those shots)....
    Anyway moving ahead, Initial round of awe over, mouths continued to remain open.. for us and for everyone who saw us ;)
    Talking about how we will move ahead till the hotel.. Me , Teky, Ramjn, Shams decided to send cars in groups of 5-6 at an interval of about 10-15secs and it worked like a charm..

Cars now rolled out with 1 final destination... HOTEL LANDMARK

Reaching the hotel was another round of fun driving..
    For once i let of of my SWEEP CAR status and assumed that of a fiat enthusiast and started burning some rubber...
    Finally i felt that i had reached bliss..
    2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT owners on Italian Job :D

Loved the quotation about the borrowed heart
    3 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Another interesting moment for me in this Meet.

When I was auditing the cars with the list I had with me, suddenly one person came to me and asked if I remember him. My brain took couple of seconds for the processing and I recognized him immediately. He was Anand Ganesh who bought my Palio 1.2 ELX in 2007. He was accompanying Kingarmaan and he joined with us at the last moment. The first thing I enquired with him is about my Palio. He told me that he sold it to his friend after driving it for 1,20,000 Kms (When I sold him it had 54000 odd kms on the odo). Got to know from him that the car met with an accident and totalled out. But, none in the car got harmed with any sort of injuries. This Palio also became one among the Fiats which saved the life of the occupants after sacrificing itself.

The story of Anand buying my Palio will be more interesting. I decided to sell off the Palio and get a new Petrol Hatch. The options were very limited that time. It was only Swift 1.3 and Getz 1.3. I decided on Swift VXI and booked the car at the Kapico Maruti. Anand was the sales lead there at that time. I opted for the exchange scheme and when Anand looked at my Palio, he told me that he will buy my car. I too agreed. I later came to know from one of his team member that he is a hard core Fiat Fan. During the induction training at Maruti, he had told the Maruti trainer that Fiat is his favorite brand when he was asked about his favorite choice of car. Finally, Anand bought my Palio. But, I cancelled my Swift booking with him. I told him I am not satisfied with Swift after driving a Palio. He gracefully accepted and also arranged for the full refund of my booking amount.

I met him again in this meet after all these years.
    17 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow! Palio->Punto->Linea, what next, Ramesh?:)
    1 person likes this.