1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Chennai TFI meet at Yelagiri 17th June - Report Pg 54 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by theblack, May 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Couldn't think of any other than Yelagiri. If you guys have any idea please suggest. In our last meet in Chennai, guys were even ready to drive down to Bangalore for a meet. So, I guess if we make it a joint meet, it will be real big.

Alternately, we can also think about driving down to Yercaud or so. But, the participation percentage may come down. Yelagiri may be the best fit. It can be a days event and we can have the lunch arranged at Yelagiri.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Guys why not plan a South India Meet. This was proposed few months back, there were some enthusiasts but couldnot turn it into reality. How about a meet of TFIans from AP,TN, KA and Kerala?
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I agree that for a bangalore chennai meet yelagiri is the ideal venue but hoping that it would not turn out like the below meet last year:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-meet/3406-tfi-bangalore-chennai-meet-yelagiri-hills.html where we had changed the venue to yelagiri for chennai guys to participate and eventually no one from chennai joined and from bangalore only 5 cars came!! i think your gang had some other plans that weekend..
    but i must admit even though there were only 5 cars we enjoyed the meet and drive thoroughly!!

So lets make it big this time..
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We should plan this properly sham. We should not hurry to do a meet. Lets plan properly for first or second week of June. We should have proper registration mechanism and lets arrange for lunch at Yelagiri. It can be a one day event. I am sure that there will be huge participation from Chennai.
    1 person likes this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    +1 to Ramjn - Let's make this big event guys. Apart from Yelagiri there is Kolli Hills if someone wants to explore. Propose a date someway midway of June so that we can garner some numbers. If J.Ravi sir can join I think we'll have a big gang tagging from Bangalore & Chennai to hear his Bhutan stories.

@OP - Shall we probably report to the Mods to probably edit the thread title as Chennai/Bangalore Meet or Do we need a separate thread?
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    teky, we should need a separate thread. But, before that we need to have 1 or 2 guys from each City discuss offline, finalize the plan, date, venue and then start the thread for registration. We can garner good number of people.

What do you Bangy guys think?
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am ready for Kolli Hills in June, 2012.:)
    3 people like this.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Friends few suggestions based on the All Kerala meet experience I had .
    1) Go in for a registration process which involves some participation fee & the fee has to be collected at least 2 weeks prior to the event. This ensures /confirms the number of participants & if required the fee can be refunded for the people who come for the meet or can be used for any entertainment purpose like organising games for the family members, food coupons etc. But please do not collect the fee in the name of TFI reason being we should not land TFI into trouble as it involves cash flow.
    2) Though it is great to have more cars, it would be difficult to control more than 30 cars . Sometimes cops may intercept you if these many cars create any kind of road block.
    3) Whatever place you chose, remember that you also need to find parking space for these many cars .
    4) Keep some regulations & guidelines to ensure safe driving . When there are more number of cars it is really a must . For our zonal meets we need not worry this much.

There may be difference in opinion . But these are some points which I felt should be taken care of.

Good luck fellows :up
    7 people like this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for your suggestions Cinju.

Kiran, this is great idea that we were discussing some time back. But, it never took off. Even now, organising a joint Chennai-Bangalore meet itself is very tough and challenging. If South India meet, its even more complicated and we have not yet matured to handle a big event like this. But, if there is one, I will be there for sure where ever the location be.
  10. I am in for June meet for sure . And heard that Kolli hills is a good option .

Ajit