1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore-Chennai TFI meet at Yelagiri 17th June - Report Pg 54 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by theblack, May 8, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    teky, you are right about good Fiat population in bangalore but somehow everyone seems to be really busy.
    in TFI alone there are around 500 people from bangalore who have their location mentioned!!

i think many people do not visit tfi often so they wouldn't have got the information!

I have a suggestion here!
    Once the date is finalized, shall we put a notice in some of the service centers about the meet to spread the info!
    but there would be a risk of the crowd getting too big to manage ;)
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Haha - Hope we at least adhere to the delivery dates :D . Another IT Folk here mate!

Managing 35 cars on that stretch is going to be some task man, yeah but we can do it. The roads leading to Yelagiri ain't that wide - especially the ghat section. We would also need to find a resort with adequate parking place for all our cars, may be we need to do recce even before the actual meet.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    in that case i feel june 5th should be a good day to stop the poll.. So that we at least get 12 days to finalize on the location and work out all the logistics..
    lets wait and see..
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Why isn't 16th June an option? IMHO, any Saturday would be better than a Sunday as we all need to be at work on Monday morning.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    yeah, but i think it shouldn't be problem with so many people opting on that date. It's not too tiring either to drive to Yelagiri.

Downshift - Press - Fly
    1 person likes this.
  6. Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    +1 to that, as far I know that would be the only hotel in Yelagiri which might be able to accomdate around 30 cars.
  8. Last year, I stayed in Zeenat Taj at Yelagiri. Food was yummy but oily. Front parking should accommodate 7-8 cars. There were some side entrances which will lead to some open space where some 10 cars can be parked. Anyways, I am not very sure about it. Call and check with them.

There is good paid parking space near Yelagiri Lake. However, availability depends on how crowded this place.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks Anandh - Spoke them over the phone and the restaurant is open for people not staying as well and parking isn't a problem it seems. Asked if we need to book for over 30 people and the answer is No, May be we can call them once we've confirmed the number of participants to warm them up and pay any advance if required as well.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Why do we need a hotel except for parking and some lunch maybe? We're not staying over.