1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ban on sunfilms. What next????

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Deepak R, Aug 4, 2012.

1. rolling down windows or having roll down shutters wont help much, cuz police is also patrolling in mufti these days to catch people who are overspeeding/not wearing seatbelts or helmets etc.
  2. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This implies the cops are so active that only common man suffers and the guilt is left enjoying. Hard but true !!!!! :(
  3. what if there ARE criminals who travel in cars with sunfilm? they will pay 100 bucks and continue. even if their licenses are cancelled, who can be sure that they have legitimate licenses and not fake ones?banning sunfilm won't curb terrorism or crimes as long as they know that India is an easy target, like what we saw in mumbai attacks. And Kasab is still there, making a mockery of the system which doles out foolish laws like these.

road tax and tolls coupled with poor roads, increasing fuel prices and heat (over which govt has no control) plus no sunfilms. we're going back to the 80s when owning a car was a luxury. how can we complain when the best of the indian brains go out and seek better pastures?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Third time is DL cancellation. I have removed my tints on the sides and rear glass and kept the Front windshield CR70. Cops will check the sides and the rear only. This was observed when I was stopped at Domlur.
  5. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    For Uv and heat protection still sunfilms are available which are transparent, As for as security is concerned pull over shutters or hanging cartons would do the job
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per SC order, NO film can be pasted on the glass.
  8. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Right On! :thumbs down
    An interesting incident. I was caught and fined in my earlier car by the Cop in a squad car. After paying the 100 bucks fine -I ventured to ask the Inspector (who was standing next to his flashy Accent cop car with darkened windows to boot). How come YOUR car's windows are dark and you are fining everyone? And upto what grade can we paste Suncontrol film?

His answer (which is legally correct) - NO film can be pasted on the glasses. What is permitted is factory fitted tinted glass (front/rear/windows) UPTO 70% transparency. And he showed me the ISI mark embossed on his rear windshield/windows which mentioned 70% !!!

AND - like most other luxury cars Fiat Linea comes with factory fitted tinted glasses duly embossed with FIAT logo and ISI mark. So even if you ARE permitted to paste ANY film you would be going over the legal limit!!

A few 'jugaads' I've seen -

• Put up the black 'pichkus' on each window - cost Rs.100 the set!
    • Avoidance - when ever you see a cop - quickly roll down all windows!

:evilsmile
  9. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    I just got my films removed today :( ..daam... h8 thz f**kn gvmnt and itz st00pid rules !:firey
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Heheee..... But here I though to buy Sunfilms to our upcoming Punto.......:smile: here ( at navi Mumbai) No Traffic police is checking for sun-film etc, so No worry for Navi-Mumbaikars.........( Even Our ZEN having , Mirror Effect Sunfilm last 2 years and Still No one Caught us :devilface