1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ban on sunfilms. What next????

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Deepak R, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Everyone.

Recently there was an order to compulsorily ban sun-films on cars :chair:. How are you people managing without sun-films??? Doesn't the performance of AC get deteriorated?? Are there any substitutes for sun-films? Please share your opinions about this.... :)
  2. Its hard to cope buddy!!:confused For me the sunfilm is a more of an added security that you can get when you drive with families at night(Specially unknown highways)..that is what i feel:ugeek: Many a times we stop on roadside dhabas and park our car there for 2-3 hrs and take a very big power nap..Without the film it will be like everyone coming and trying to peek inside as if its a zoo:A:sadblue..The sunfilm ban though through out INDIA,was/is taken more seriously in Bangalore,they asked me to pay fine,well my wife handled the situation well(being an another state car got saved atleast a couple of times)But in kolkata the situation is totally different,no body is bothered.:eek:So what I dont understand is why this differentiation????:confused:
    And by banning sunfilms,did the crime rate come down even a little bit???:A

Law makers make law just as if its a time pass,and they have to show us they work!!why always the aam junta???
    4 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm planning on getting those pull over shutters that linea has for the rear windshield.
    I will use it when i want and roll it up when there are cops.
    I think we are making a more and visible statement that fools exist here, beware!
    2 people like this.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    yes black sure , now as the climate is good i.e chill so not that much difference , but @peak temparatures it should be hard, :( even though the ac gives chill air , when sun is hitting on our hand it is burning which was not there that much when we had sunfilms.

yeah sun curtains is available for sides too black , you can see in skoda superb this kind of arrangement. we can sure get in after market :)
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Here in Navi Mumbai , Cops not catching for sun films at all.......so now we enjoying Mirror effect sunfilm in ZEN !!:D
    as per SC , U can not stick anything on glass at all , only manufactures are allowed( factory made ) to make 70% VLC tinted glass.....
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  6. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cops have stopped me twice in the last 2 weeks and I have paid 100 rupees each time.
    Don't feel like removing the sun film, got them fixed at 3M recently in Apr for 13.5K :-(
    Pull over shutters for side windows may be an alternative but wont they block visibility totally (even driver may have visibility issues?).

I read somewhere that the fine is 100/200 rupees for the fist/second time, and third time DL can be cancelled, is that true?

Check this -
    https://www.change.org/en-IN/petiti...nsider-decision-on-a-blanket-ban-on-car-films
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

For avoiding FINES , I have Good Solution......When U See Cops , Roll Down all windows !!!:cool:
    3 people like this.
  8. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning to do that next time! But we cannot roll down rear windows completely...
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Ohhh I forgot , Punto rear seats windows can go full down , but Down as much possible ........if windows down then cops not notice that much , instead of all Windows UP !!
  10. mayank

mayank Amatore

and what about GP active owners??:confused: we don't even have rear power windows to roll them down immediately..specially if nobody is sitting at the back seat :sadblue