1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Baleno vs Punto evo (and After Sale service of Fiat)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Karan, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    FIAT are for Safety, Strength and Driving. The last is one addictive and more in more. Only few other cars in Indian Car market are near it, I can only think of Polo and Figo to have fair comparison. If you want to go for mileage and 100% after sales services all over India, I suggest don't go for it. The reasons I said this is cause, many of us buy FIAT and then find out somehow that she is totally wrong for them . FIAT are for different kind of people , whose senses are attached to their hands, legs and ear(she almost grow upon you :p). Engine and steering make this all things tiggle all over there body and almost like getting best pleasure all over brain , mind and heart.

Its like getting addicted to some drug and then you want more and more. Thats FIAT.

But if you are someone, who wants more kind of mileage and services (cause may be my overall scenario is filled with car getting breaking down and then I cant wait for days to get car back in shape) then go ahead for Marutis or any others. FIATs are not for daily sabji market shopping car, or 10 to 15 Km daily drive in congested cities and hell to find a 4 feet parking spot areas. Though they can do that. But there are many other alternatives here , better than FIAT. But thats what FIAT is bad at for our current environment scenario, is the reason why they are good at. FIATS are for open road, flooring through highway safely. Munching miles and miles without worry of car getting hotted up. Flatning broken roads as if a rally driver, without worrying my tie road is going to broke. Cutting Ghats section, as if you have bought a Ferrari and you can easily beat any car on those curves even two level up the class. And most of all, all of this with safety that my car is well build and strong enough to keep my family safe. Offcourse all of above doesn't mean license to harsh driving! Chose wisely

M not sure Baleno , where all she will be better than FIAT, but I know where all Maruti is better the FIAT. All the above negatives are not for scaring people, but to ensure both the driver and car get married well and live happily ever after.Instead of later having divorce with the car later, (as can been seen in some of the cases on the forum :) )

Happy and Safe Driving
    Navneet
  2. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My initial estimate was around 6L and then with baleno it went upto 7L and now with 1.3 MJD it comes close to 8.7L. So it's very difficult for me to stretch even further. So I am sticking to 76 bhp version. Of course I would love to have 90 bhp, but due to these constraints, I have restricted myself to 76 bhp. More over I didn't like the alloy wheel in 90bhp. So I am very much satisfied with the 76bhp Emotion trim.
  3. kishd6

kishd6 Timido

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi I booked 90 HP for 8.5 lack, 2016 model,at Ramkay Fiat , Kattupakkam
    KPR likes this.
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    90 HP alloy wheels grows on you. Don't make it a deterrent on choosing 75 HP. Out on the highway, those extra bhps would make them count and you will have a solid mid range to play with. Remember, the brilliant Punto chassis begs for more power. Also you will get all black interior which imparts a sporty look and are easy on maintenance as well and of course bigger wheels. I was in the same boat a year back but feel happy to have gone with 90 HP. Try getting a good deal on 90 HP as @kishd6 got, specially if you have plans for keeping the beauty with you for long.Attaching 90 HP alloys and interiors:

IMG_20160302_165943255_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160302_182509.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. kishd6

kishd6 Timido

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Karan.
    Mr.Raj kumar is the sales guy.from Kattupakkam showroom , plz contact him
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i thing if u are on a budget then dont go for 90 HP.....74hp is just as fine......it cruises at 130kmph easily...
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Turbothinghy @kishd6 Thanks for your suggestions. But keeping in mind that I will be having the car for more than 5 yrs, I have gone beyond my plan and opted for 76hp.

@prashantgupta84 Thanks for the update. Any how I usually don't go beyond 110kmph.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Are you paying by ready cash or Loan? If loan, then EMI's for 90hp and 76hp won't be much different and the dent on the pocket won't be felt. Get the 90hp!
    kedarbendre likes this.
  10. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks for the reply friends. I could see many have suggested to go for sport variant and over the years, the difference in the amount is going to be minimal. But I have already exceeded my budget and I don't want to exceed even further. So I have finally booked 1.3 Emotion 76hp and I am so excited to get my new and first car:)
    KPR, varunrtr and Turbothinghy like this.