1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Baleno vs Punto evo (and After Sale service of Fiat)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Karan, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Team,

This is my first post in teamfiat forum. After a long research, I am planning to buy Punto evo 1.3 Emotion after comparing with MS Baleno(Hope I made the right decision) as safety is my first priority. More over after a TD I didn't like any other vehicle. This made me desperate towards FIAT.

But i am very much concerned about the After Sale Service. Could anyone please let me know how is the F.A.S.S. in Chennai now-a-days. Based on this I have to make a final decision. Please let me know guys.

Thanks,
    Karan
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    AFAIK Fiat has a strong base down south. Atleast it should be better than having zero dealers in Mumbai :)
    Karan likes this.
  3. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If u live near a fass then no problem in servicing but how cud u even compare a 800 kg baleno to a 1366 kg punto,I mean u r comparing sukhoi to a MIG 29
  4. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks Vinit and Aviral. Yes I too agree it's a lame comparison. But initially I have finalized Baleno(That's the reason I compared both). Fortunately due to the longer waiting periods of Baleno, I was just going through all the hatch backs around 7L.

Initially I didn't even consider Punto evo as an option. But one day my team mate mentioned about the build, comfort and stability in the FIAT cars. Then I went for a TD of Punto Evo and then I loved the way the steering responded. I could feel the entire car on the steering and I never felt this connected to any other cars that I drove. Again went for a TD of Baleno, but didn't like it after driving Punto evo.

I hope i will get a good FASS. Planning to book 1.3 MJD Emotion variant. Will definitely post my ownership review once I own one. Until then the excitement for a new car continues. :)
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Karan I would recommend you go for 90hp variant . You wont regret it , think about it you might keep this car longer than 5 years so why not get the best . Its just 50k difference.
    Karan likes this.
  6. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @moksh But that's beyond my budget. I had to expand my budget from Baleno petrol to Punto diesel. And it's difficult to stretch even further.
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Karan "Planning to book 1.3 MJD Emotion variant" This is your statement . I judged from this statement that you are booking a deisel variant. So I recommended you , no problems go ahead with emotion 1.4. One more thing how much it cost I thin 8.5L is emotion 1.4 in chennai so does emotion 1.3 Same price as per some websites online. 90 Hp is just 50k more then that whcih comes to 9L
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Karan : Punto comes with a soul that majority of the cars are devoid of, including the baleno. So go ahead with Punto and you wouldn't regret later. It might not have an explosive performance or a plethora of gadgetry, but still is well ahead of the competition as far as driving satisfaction is concerned thanks to stellar build+ride+handling+steering combo, and yes as others said chennai isn't bad as far as ASS is concerned.
    @kishd6 has also booked a Punto recently in chennai.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    GANESH H and Karan like this.
  9. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @moksh 1.4l is 5k more than 1.3l Emotion. More over diesel variant is a safe bet at this price IMO.

@Turbothinghy yes, Absolutely true.

And congrats @kishd6 on your booking. I will be booking this week.
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Karan Totally Confused . Now i understood that you want diesel right. Give it a thought on 90hp . 50k more is nothing when you own a car for more then 5 years . Give a TD as well . In future 90hp is also better for remaps .