1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Balaji Autoworld - Thane Ghodbunder Road

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by pioneeraaron, Sep 21, 2015.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Guys, After a long time i'm posting on this forum. As usual my problem is making me post over here. Been offline from this family over a long period of time. My car just had a few minor issues like Door lock problem, window windor problem which obviously needed replacement. Apart from that a few cleaning of all the filters and brakes too.Also needed to replace all the belts as preventive service. Removed time today and rushed to Balaji. Reached at 10.15am. Opened the job card and after a short test drive my car was in the service bay.

I must first start with the mechanics attitude. Very lousy and lazy. Busy with cellfones and chitchatting with each other. After half an hour they start working on my car. The mechanic started with rear brakes cleaning. After completing the rear brakes cleaning, he gets back to chitchatting and his cellphone. On asking him why aren't you cleaning the front brakes. His reply was "Sir front brake cleaning is not needed, it cleans itself as it rotates" OMG :-D I was like WTF!! I got back to the adviser and blasted him, to which he went back and showed the jobcard to the mechanic. He started his work then. After cleaning the front brakes it was lunch time then. Wasted approx 2.5hrs to clean all four brakes!! When the time came to change the belt, as usual these guys don't have the parts and need to order. They don't have a windor for replacement. When I questioned the advisor about the lack of parts his answer was "Sir these parts are not required daily so we don't stock them". I didn't argue much and checked out after paying the bill which was 1172/- with taxes.

The moment I exit and start towards home a weird problem crops up. As i push the clutch down to change the gear, the revs increase slightly. Its was really annoying and had to go back. I didn't have this issue when I gave my car for the repairs. An idiot technician tells me "Sir this is normal and ignore it and concentrate on the road" I gave him some piece of mind to which he replies "Sir i've been driving for 10yrs and have more experience than you" to which I replied "Boss you might be having 10yrs of experience driving sh*t but you don't have as much experience as me driving this car" He kept his trap shut post this but didn't acknowledge the problem. I requested for the same technician again who drove my car in the morning. He gave me the same crap for sometime but after some short drives and driving another linea he acknowledged that I was right. Now the solution was to clean the throttle body. I just ignored them cause their quote was really out of this world, and got out from there. Im just relying on our tech experts here for the solutions.

My humble opinion?? STAY AWAY!! Balaji Autoworld a big NO NO NO.
    They believe in replacement only rather than finding the appropriate solution or repairing the part.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @pioneeraaron

Send an e-mail to mangesh, urging FIAT India to just shut these guys down. They're of no use to owners, to FIAT or apparently to themselves.

IF you are objectively convinced of their worthlessness/dubiousness, rather than just angered-as-a-contingent-occurance, that is.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @pioneeraaron, contact Wilson there if you haven't yet and report the entire matter. Further also email Balaji and CC to service head or get Mr. Valsan's email id from Fiat. That should surely get things back on track. Apart from that I am afraid you must drive down to RS Motors, Kandivli and explain your plight and get things sorted from there. Unfortunately, Torrid too is not honoring warranty claims for now for some very weird issues with Fiat. Some politics happening there from what we know and sense.

If you can manage Balaji Turbhe, they are better as per some reports.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Thank u Folks. I don't have faith in any service center after what happened yesterday with my car. Im not getting any prompt solution too. Even balaji turbhe guy is saying "Sir minor fluctuation is normal 100-200rpm" Where has their professionalism gone?

Italia-Linea our tech expert and Aniket have doubts regarding some sensors. Maybe when the cleaned the air filter they purposely or by mistakenly messed up with one of the sensors.

I desperately need some quality help :(
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Unfortunately Fiat service is a rare commodity and FASS is the only direction Fiat owners can look at. Drop a mail to Fiat as told by all, I am sure you will get two calls - one to ask for the problem and second one for service feedback. Balaji has been plagued with spares issues and retaining quality manpower, they are just chugging around with whatever they can waiting for that silver lining which IMO is not visible for quite long.

While we keep assuring ourselves that Fiat is going to improve, situation otherwise talks something else. When metros like Mumbai, Thane cannot be catered to properly, only god know how things move in Tier 2 cities.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @pioneeraaron can you call RS Motors and describe your issue there. You should speak to two people, one is Mr. Rajendra and other Mr. Michael. Do call them and ask what it could be and report back here.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Guys!! Problem solved at a local garage.

It was the clutch sensor issue. Not even an issue actually. Our TFI members Italia Linea & Aniket suggested to remove the clutch sensor wiring and put it back again in the switch. Instructed the same to the mechanic after cleaning the throttle body and Idle control valve, which didn't solve the problem. Immediately my car responds as it was before and the fluctuations were gone. Balaji guys might have played around with the clutch sensors as I had told them that I had a clutch issue too.

Thank u guys for your time and help!!
    asimpleson and ghodlur like this.