1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bajaj unveils all new Pulsar 200NS

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by speedJet, Jan 30, 2012.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Bajaj unveiled the all new Pulsar 200NS. It has some specifications similar to the Duke 200 launched a few days back. Specifications are as follows:

- Liquid-cooled, 199.5cc, four-valve, carbureted engine with a new triple-spark-plug system
    - Six speed gearbox
    - 23.18bhp at 9500rpm
    - 1.86kgm of torque at 8000rpm
    - 17 inch alloys with tubeless tyres
    - Gas filled monoshock suspension

Bajaj claims 3.6 seconds for the 0-60 kph and 10 seconds for the 0-100, which again is pretty similar to the Duke 200. The bike shall be priced below 1 lakh and shall go on sale from April onwards
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    24 BHP! Only power is increased. Torque is same of 180 cc.

Six speed gear box is added for better top speed.

No improvement in torque.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Triple spark plug!:hit

I guess the 2016 Pulsar will have 4 spark plugs for one cylinder. :lol:

KTM FTW ! KTM India list 95 Octane as the fuel to be used for the Duke 200. :confused: And i haven't seen it where i live.

Is it available in the South?
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Any addition in speed is always welcome bhai

Bajaj is filing for a patent of its triple spark plug. They claim it as the worlds first

I remember Speed93 being available in the BP Petrol pump in Koramangala, Bangalore. I am not sure if 95 was available. Maybe shell provides the same in their petrol pumps in Bangalore

MODS NOTE- Please quote only the relevant section of the post you wish to quote. Have a read of this thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Me went and saw KTM Duke 200, its a really good machine. A very sporty riding position, a very throaty exhaust note.

The new pulsar borrows from the KTM heavily on the frame modification, exhaust location and the ride position. The new pulsar package is very exciting and they have proved again that Bajaj is more of a game changer than others in the 2 wheeler space.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Looks like a mixture of old Pulsar, Pulsar 135 and Duke 200.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What is with this spark plug and Bajaj ? My bike have 2 of them and I m worried. now they have shown up with 3. what if one of them quite sparking will it show in MID ?
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

I think Bajaj is going the Gillette way. Sensor, MachIII, Quattro, Penta blades !!. Finally they will bring all the five plugs together and make a UNO plug which has the strength of Five and call it PULSAR UNO :)))

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i dont know what bajaj is upto by adding their own new pulsar with KTM duke with almost same specs
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Yes prakhar, I agree with you on this

I am not sure about this, but I dont think that spark plug failure shall be shown on the MID - I do not think cheap Bikes provide such features. As far as the reliability goes, I have the first generation single spark plug 180 and there has been no issue with the spark plug in the past 9 years

Yes, the KTM Duke is definitely a very capable machine and the new Pulsar borrows heavily from it. Around 16-17 years back, Bajaj was only known for its scooters. The kind of progress Bajaj has made in bike market is just amazing and definitely a management case study

Bajaj is providing the new Pulsar cheaper than the KTM Duke - there would be a difference of atleast Rs 20000 in their price. KTM Duke has been positioned as a lifestyle product whereas Pulsar is for those who want thrills at a cheaper rate. Lets see how the market responds to both of these good products
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012