1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bajaj Alliance or Tata AIG Motor Insurance ? Please advise

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sam_likes_punto, Feb 12, 2013.

1. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Hi friends,

My Punto 1.3 MJD is gonna be a year old soon and its time to renew the insurance.

I have already read the team reviews of Future Generali (as a bane) as well as those of Tata AIG and Bajaj Alliance.

BA is known to hike its premiums and I am not really sure about Tata AIG.

I am based out of Mumbai and I got a renewal call from my dealer with 2 options : Future G and Bharti AXA (and I dont really intend to go for either of them)

So I received quotes from all these companies but I am seriously evaluating BA and Tata AIG :

1.Bajaj Alliance zero depreciation policy for IDV of Rs 525000 : Premium of Rs 14795

In addition to normal policy guidelines,they are providing a 24*7 road side assistance
    Compulsory payment in case of claim : 1000 rs
    All parts including engine are covered 100%
    Only tyres,tubes,battery not covered 100% -- 50%

2.Tata AIG zero depreciation policy for IDV of Rs 520000 : Premium of Rs 16825

1000 Rs-- compulsory amt to b paid when claiming ; IDV : 520000
    1st 2 claims : 100% reimbursed by company within a yr ; then depreciation charges for 3rd claim in that year
    All parts (including tyres,tubes,battery) : 100% covered
    No road side assistance facility : 1500 rs towing costs can be claimed
    On repairing on small parts -- plastics,etc -- 25% ncb can still be claimed in next year
    Loss of personal belongings -- upto 10 k rs can be claimed
    Emergency transport to hotel etc -- upto 10 k rs
    Key replacement -- upto 25 k rs

Premium would be reduced to Rs15088 if I use online options as a special discount

Note : Tata AIG has the highest premium among all the 5 different company quotes I received so far.

Considering the efficiency,transparency and overall claim settlement handling capabilities of both these companies,please advice which is the best to go for.

Note that a slight difference in premium is ok for me if the service offered is good.

Regards,

Sam
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From my personal experience, I never had issues with HDFC Ergo. I had insurance with them for my Getz for 4 years. From my friends, all have great experience with Tata-AIG. With FG, I have seen 2 very bad experiences with my friends/Colleagues. I would say, dump FG for sure.

I recommend Tata-AIG and HDFC Ergo.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  4. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    i shifted from FG to bajaj allianz..i got IDV of 7,00,000 at premium of 11,700 for my one year old linea.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I am happy with TATA AIG zero dep. God thing is , my car is in 4th year now that too with zero dep.
  6. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Thanks for your advice guys ..

I have finally gone ahead with Tata AIG zero dep policy for my beauty ..

They cover all parts (including tyres and batteries) 100 % in addition to the other features provided by competitors
    They only lack 24*7 road side assistance service but they provide towing services claim of upto 1500 Rs
  7. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First year Insurance renewal for my punto 1.3MJD Dynamic is due early march. Got quotes from BA and TATA AIG as follows

BA- Drive assure-0 dep- IDV 5.4 lakh. premium 17947 (through agent)
    TATA AIG- 0dep -IDV 5.5 Lakh. Premium 15811/- (online)

Please suggest if there is any issue in going for online policy. The BA agent said for online policy there is no local support and all claims are processed by head office. This can delay claim settlement process. I am not sure if that is indeed the case or just a ploy by the agent to get business. Please suggest if anyone has experience of calims made on online policies.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I have quotes from both Ba & Tata AIG for a zero dep policy. Premium is almost the same at 18K with IDV of 6.4L with BA and 5.8 L with Tata.
    I will watch this thread as I am tilting towards BA due to higher IDV, better website, better contact center experience.
  9. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Absolute nonsense. Only a ploy to get sales, Try B.A online you will see how much difference there is in Agent's Premium and Online one.
    Claims settlement passes through a channel, and taking policy through Agency doesn't speed anything.

Also, following is my insurance decision (posted in another thread) :

I shifted from Tata Aig to B.A.

1) i have never made any claims so can't comment on Tata Aig claims settlement experience but they have one of the worst customer service i have experienced(reliance, Tata aig, B.A). It took them 6 months to send me a hard copy of my policy to my postal address, thrice i had to make contact to them about change of postal address.

2) On top of it, they never made any attempt to call for renewal. Their online renewal section didn't took their own policy number, i tried few times but every time it failed .

3) When contacted over the phone, their IDV was less and premium amount more than B.A. My last insured IDV was 654000, got IDV of 700000 from B.A on renewal also i had the option of another 10% increase.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  10. I am been given an IDV of 5.5 L for a net premium of 13332 Rs from Bajaj Alianz. This is the lowest premium I received when comparing to others.