1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Badly Scratched Bonnet of Punto1.2(Petrol)

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by saurav2386, Mar 2, 2011.

1. saurav2386

saurav2386

Mumbai
    Hi Everyone
    I got my Punto 1.2(Petrol) delivered 6months back.
    Since then some nonsense people have damaged my car and it now has a deep sctrach on the bonnet. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I asked the tata-fiat services, they said it would take rs.3500/- to paint the bonnet.

However i feel itz too much.I know garages which can do it in half the rate.

Please advice me on the same.
    Will there be any warranty issues if I do it from outside???

Thanks All
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Share the photos, we might be able to suggest you some other options like cutting polishing, com-paint, or pre-colored wax etc.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    body works wont void ur warranty dude..u can go ahead..
  4. saurav2386

saurav2386

Mumbai
    please find attached the pics of my scratched car :uh :uh

Image0233.jpg

Image0234.jpg

Image0236.jpg

Image0237.jpg
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    For the hair line scratch you might try cut polish, visit a good painter he should be able to do it easily.
    For the side cowl, you can try com-paint or else you would need a re paint done.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I guess com-paint is a good solution for this issue... and it is just 400 bucks... U just need to get some putty also to fill the scratch lines if they are deep but make sure you do putty after using emery paper to fill up the deepness...
    Let the putty dry and then again use emery paper to make the surface smooth.... After this apply some com merge to remove the putty borders and make it even... And then use Color can to touch it up followed by com merge... and cut polish after 72 hrs... done... it will take an hour of your time...

It is worth trying as even if you mess it up, u anyhow planned for bonnet paint..
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    buddy go2 galaxy n tell them to do buffing...visiblity wud be lesser than wat it is now...