1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Badboy Sailor's White Pearl - "auto" biography of BNW 1.2 Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by soundar, May 22, 2011.

1. Soundar, if you are not happy, go-ahead and report it to FIAT.
    Things will move faster and you will get the car as per agreed timelines.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Soundr just show the parts where the treatment has not been carried out and call the customer support FIAT right from the showroom, Your problem will be solved bro,
  3. I have couple of questions.
    1) What happens if Punto MJD is not used for an year or so? Any service needs to be done once the car is being started to use again, like recharging battery?
    2) Can Punto MJD can give life of 10 years or so, if maintained properly?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    For any automobile, certain precautions need to be taken if it is not going to be used for a while.
    All modern vehicles if maintained properly, can give a life of 10-15 years or more. I personally have used a KB 100 for 14 years (sold), Santro for 8 years (sold, the car is still doing fine with its current owner), Eliminator for 8 years (still owned), and Punto for nearly two years.
  5. Just now sent an email to tata customer care, fiat service, Narendra sharma, and Mangesh Kodalkar, explaining the whole episode.
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1. While storing for a year , do the following :
    A. Wash , dry and wax the car thoroughly.

B. Remove all the four tires, and support the car on wooden blocks on the four designated lifting points.

C. Disconnect the battery .

C. Cover it with a car cover tightly and park it, preferably in a closed garage.

D. When starting after a year, you must change engine oil. Diesel will not degrade, so no worries.

As for your second query, any car, even the Nano can last 10 years if properly cared for.

Gurjinder
    Mods, please move the posts elsewhere if need be.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Soundar,
    Great writeup....you bought the car on my B'day!!!!
    One update: I am going to AMSImpex next week for touchscreen as I have completed the testing of the PC and everything is working perfectly.

--Rajeev
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    what about clutch and brakes. one of my friends toyota qualis clutch and brake assy need to replaced after 1years of no use.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Fair point , but the answer to whether the clutch or brake cylinders will seize up or not can only be had after a year when we start up and drive the car. Some cars may present no issues , others may.

In any case ,we should be prepared to face atleast a few issues when we intend to keep a vehicle idle for 1 year. The best we can do is try and minimize the ill-effects.

For e.g. Its better to sell off the present battery and getting one new later ; since without use for one year , the battery will be as good as gone.

Gurjinder.

P.S. We've completely hijacked the thread. Mods can you move all the posts related to the storage of car to Soundar's thread?
  10. I got my car back after anti-rust treatment. I must say, I am not completely satisfied with the work.

There is still some places with rust (like door edges, and hatch). There is a rust spot on the bonnet. Is it not the duty of the service adviser to check the complete car for rust, even if I did not report it?
    One of the door beading is to be replaced. It is not in stock with them. I do not know where the old door beading gone. The car is delivered withou door beading.
    There is some rattle in the rear door pannel.
    I feel some difference in gear shift. Though I need to check back to back in other cars to make sure it is not my illusion.