1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad Scratch on the passenger side doors and Running Board: Suggestions Required

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Punto Maniac, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    I hit the pavement on the passenger side while trying to get into a cramped parking lot.:A. It has left a long scratch starting on the front door and extending till rear. Need suggestions if the running board can be dented/painted and anyways i'm getting the doors of my punto painted during the 3rd service, thats about 2K km to go.

I'll upload pictures shortly.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    Looks like I can get it fixed without having to replace:sad1. I'll take the car to RDC ASS tomorrow and get a quote.
  4. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    Here are some pics of the passenger side doors and running board.
    image.jpg photo1.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Spoke to tensingh today in the afternoon, i've got an appointment tomorrow morining at 9:30.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Buddy, I saw you on Saturday, overtook your car on Kathipara bridge, you were wearing coolers and speaking on your mobile! Paintbooth is open at RDC. Tensingh has asked to bring my car on Friday for fixing workshop damage. I was watching the RVM for you, was guessing you would turn into RDC but you didn't. :)
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys dont get your mirror painted at RDC as they may cost more. I got my mirrors painted near my home from my regular painter. He charged me only RS 250 for painting both my mirrors red from white.

And RDC has started the paint booth. Need to get my car painted as they have been rusted in few places.
  7. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    Yes DRIV3R, it was I indeed. But had the whole family with me but I never saw you though. I think the only and the last time we met was at Cenotaph Road Junction, a few weeks right after you got the alloys painted I guess.

I wasn't using my phone though, have enough bad experiences trying to use the phone while driving, although nothing happened, it jolts other occupants of the car at times.:p
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hey, you should have spotted me. A white Punto 90HP with TFI and TBHP stickers on the rear bumper. I was in another car, not the one you saw earlier. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    Aah yes, I remember the BNW though. Your is Minimal Grey right?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Absolutely. It was my bro's car, while I use the 90HP now. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2