1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad News! Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 16, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Basis, I'm not sure about the maintenance cost 5 years down the line. Current generation FIAT cars are only 2 years old and the oldest of these MJDs are the Swifts that are now 5 years old.
    Going by the cost of fuel/Km, I have always recommended MJD over T-JET and the same holds true in the case of Punto as well (1.3MJD Emotion over 1.4 Emotion pack).
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello PaddleShifter,

I mean to say that,

1> if the running of a diesel car (any car in general ...not punto) is less ( as mentioned 6-8K KM/year) then also the maintain cost after 5 years shoots very high?

2> if I donot use the car for daily , only use may be once in a month then would I have to encounter any problems in the diesel car?

Thanks.
  4. Both your assumptions are in-correct. These days, diesels are as efficient as petrols if not more so can stand being abused to a limit or stabling them for an year or so. The initial cost of ownership as well as the subsequent services negate the fuel offset between petrol and diesel . So a diesel would start giving you returns approx around 40 k odd kms
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can buy the current generation diesel even with the above pattern of use.

But, if such is the usage pattern, then I suggest that you stick with petrol.
  6. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    @cyberdoctorind,

Thanks for correcting me.

1> Somebody told me after completing 75K KM running punto 1.3(and any latest diesel car) might cost more maintain. Is it true?

The friend also mentioned :

Can you pl. let me know in detail about this?

@PaddleShifter,

I also thought the same to go for petrol but in 1.2 E no ABS+EBD, hight adjustment for driver seat. So decided not to go for 1.2.

In that case do U suggest 1.3 E?
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have heard this regarding Accent CRDI engines, and most often it is due to abuse and poor maintenance & care. About two years back when I was looking around to buy a second hand Accent, found that once the odo reading went past 80K, the asking price dropped suddenly. But I have not heard any such thing for Multijet or DDIS engines.

For your kind of running, reaching 75K will take 10 years ::V so no need to worry about this aspect.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I fully agree with Roy J.

I saw a Quadrajet engine clocked 180000 KM without any major maintenance.

Multijet is the gem. :wow :clapping