1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad News! Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Effective 1/Apr, every auto company is increasing their prices :A
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    True. 1.4 EP was always compared with 1.2 Kappa. It should be compared with 1.4 VTVT. 1.4 FIRE is much more FE than 1.4 i20. If you compare price then Punto is much more sensibly priced.If Punto provide 1.4 with Multi air tech(just want to compare the Vtec of Jazz) with better premium interiors then it will be more costlier than Honda Jazz.
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    AGAIN CONFUSION!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I called Fiat. Got Confused.

Now they are saying :

1> Punto 1.2 E will have no ABS etc....no 1.2 E+
    2> Punto 1.4 E will not been discontinued
    Only price increase.

In Calcutta (ex-showroom):

1.4E : 5.56 L

1.3E : 6.07 L
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Basis- FIAT India website has the latest brochure. It does not list Punto 1.4 Emotion so I believe it will be discontinued.
    Regarding 1.2 Emotion, as per the new brochure, there will be no ABS in 1.2 and there won't be any 1.2 Emotion Pack either.
  5. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
  6. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, You guys are correct.

But now if you see the new price-list you will see Punto 1.4 E. Why Fiat is so unprofessional? Now I am loosing trust on Fiat.

latest price list for Bangalore:

Petrol
    Punto 1.2 Active Punto 1.2 Dynamic Punto 1.2 Emotion Punto 1.4 Emotion Punto 1.4 Emotion Pk
    436062 467344 498625 550090 609628

Diesel
    Punto Active Punto Dynamic Punto Emotion Punto Emotion Pk Punto 90HP Emotion Pk
    522855 557155 600544 657053 691510
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Basis- Even in case they have really discontinued 1.4 Emotion, they'll have to quote it's price on website because the stock of 1.4 Emotion hasn't finished from every place of India. They will continue to list the price of 1.4 Emotion till every 1.4 Emotion manufactured till date has been sold off. Otherwise who will believe the dealership quote?
  8. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore

You and gurus both correct.

Seems the guy in Fiat provided me wrong info.

I again called them and spoke to a different guy.

Fiat has some 2009/2010 (No 2011 !!) stock of Punto 1.4 E. They got some spl. bonus to clear the stock. for that they quoted the price of 1.4 E.

Now to buy a 2011 Punto I have to go for 1.4E+ or 1.3 E. (both almost same price). Or stop looking at Fiat.

Can you pl. let me know which will be better to buy? 1.4 E+ or 1.3 E?
  9. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    seems Fiat took a bad decision. :(

May be I need to wait for other cars comming in july.
  10. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear PaddleShifter,

Thanks. I donot want to take the risk of (fixing) Airbag for 30k+ . Donot need Microsoft Blue&Me, windows media player, USB PORT, voice commands..

1.4E+ cost 7.3 L OnRoad , 1.3 E: 7.2L,

Yes you are right. If I go for 1.3 E then atleast my running cost will be low. and hopefully can get discount to make the cost at 7 L :(

One question.

My city drive will be very low. Mostly for weekend long drive. So 6-8 K KM / year.

Is it true that after running for 5+ years ( I am not considering sealing the car - resale) the maintain cost will be drastically high for 1.3 MJD as it is a diesel car?