1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad News! Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 16, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh!! I meant that they have added some of the "hidden" features to the brochure. Otherwise the brochure we saw earlier had minimal features.

Central locking was already there in Dynamic variant. Dynamic is a highly under rated variant.

Have they removed DTE and Instantaneous consumption altogether from Active variant??
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Central locking was nt there for all doors ...

The site shows DTE and Real time - mileage indicators have been removed from both the active and dynamic variants !!!

Dlp_dmk
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT is cutting more & more features as the model is becoming old. :A

One day GP Active will be avialble only with Power Steering & AC like Maruti Swift LDi ::OO
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think Fiat is doing the correct step. !.2 Engine is a underrated one.It is more than sufficient for indian roads. If fiat can tune it to 70 HP and 100NM it will be better for overcoming the psychological barrier. 1.2 Fire engine is very popular in Europe.
  5. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Fiat should have a aggressive pricing to beat figo.
  6. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    If the price goes high Fiat will again loose the market share indeed.
  7. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    why is that prices are not yet updated? Why is it taking almost more than 3 days to update the same?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @basis- Fiat can not price Punto close to the FIGO.
    FIGO does not have even half the features of Punto. I hope you know that it is based on a 10 year old Ford Fiesta platform.

Even a 9 lacs Honda City does not have these many features (as those of Punto).
  9. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes PaddleShifter,

I agree with you.

The fact is Punto in form of 1.4 E, 1.4 E+, 90 HP, 1.3 E,1.3 E+ looks more potential then other variants. If they stop 1.4E then Fiat may loose a good market as most hatchback buyers look for a car within 6.5 L .
  10. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Due to no tax hike in the 2011-12 Fin. many car companied giving good discount including Honda.

Why Fiat should increase the price?