1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad News! Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 16, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Basis- Thanks I got it. Well, lets see whether they just add ABS+EBD and seat height adjustment to the 1.2Emotion or also bring 1.2 Emotion Pack as well.

Basis, I would suggest you to keep other options open in that case. Personally I believe that Punto 1.2 is at par with other 1.2 in the market (Figo, i20, Polo) with respect to power. 68BHP looks low on paper but the short 1st and 2nd gear coupled with peak torque at low rpm does the trick wonderfully.

In fact, I don't see any other manufacturer who has been so smart in keeping peak torque at just 2500rpm in a NA petrol car. No doubt the experience of FIAT as they own Ferrari, Maserati, ALfa Romeo, Lancia, Chrysler etc.

My words or any other forum member's words are not to be trusted blindly without having a first hand experience. Because what I may perceive as sufficiently powered might be under powered for someone else.
  2. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    hi basis, got your PM.

P.S has said what was relevant to your question about pulling the car ahead with full load.

As for this move by fiat, its hard to think "why" this has been done. The only reason i can think of is to push 1.2 sales. On more speculative side, may be fiat is planning another car in near future to fill the 1.4 Gap and they don't want their products to clash among themselves.

You are spending your hard earned money, before putting it in any firm's pocket, TEST the product to the fullest. Call the number for Test Drive at your place, pack the car as you want. DRIVE. I don't think anyone should be having any problems with such Test drives. Call Fiat CC if dealer is not helpful.

A known in my near by area did the same thing with Spark.
  3. Hello,

Why you are sticking with Punto Petrol, Diesel engines are build for Highways / long journey :redcar , Fiat MJ doing great job. :wow factor comes with Fiat MJ Diesel on Highways.

It is fuel efficient too. :dancing

Regarding budget, why don't you ask the bank ?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    basis, just check with all the dealers in bangalore, someone might have in stock.

And for 1.2, better to drive yourself and see if you feel it underpowered. If not, 1.2E(Pack), if it comes, should be excellent VFM.
  5. gurus

gurus Amatore

atlast some strategy is going on to re-align the variants...
    I think this should be the case...
    1.2 Active, 1.2 Emotion, 1.2 EP, 1.4 EP NA, 1.4 S(T-jet)..remove dynamic
    As Ravi said, 1.2 E and 1.2 EP should be excellent VFM
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Hope this doent become an issue to those who already own 1.4E in terms of customer support.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Buddy i am driving it for past 23000+ kms and trust me it is just underrated car and is not at all underpowered...
    I have touched 140 with four people on board and it cruises easily... Even drove on ghat sections with three on board and it cruised easily in 3rd gear without AC ( i prefer not using AC on ghats for any car)

During our last TFI meets, Sharath and Shiva both drove it and with four people on board and their observations are also that it is a very nice car not for 0-100 spped runs but very good for day to day use and highway cruising..

Check out CyberDoc's comments (aka Shiva), He drives a 90HP and he liked my car.

Check out Turbo_Sharath comments

Trust me buddy it's just a notion because people compare it with Punto 90HP and Punto 1.4... If you compare it with I20, Aveo UVA, Maruti Swift Petrol... it surely has a lot better pulling power...
  8. I agree with shanks. It's way better than i20 anytime.
  9. basis

basis Amatore

Dear Friends,

I am planning to buy in July, 2nd week. So I cannot book it now.

Fiat is not stopping 1.4 engine...only emotion version.....so support should not be an issue for the current owners.

I cannot spent more then 6 L (+30K MAX.) ...so G.P 1.3 E : I simply cannot afford....and I donot want a car without ABS+EBD.............

Ofcource I will call for TD for GP 1.2 both in Bangalore (by me and one of my friend)..and in Calcutta (by my friend)....now waiting to see the changes in 1.2 Emotion version/price, if any.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You can go 1.3 MJD Active/Dynamic. GP is a heavy & robust car with good road stability & excellent braking.

So I don't think that GP needs ABS+EBD for safety purpose.

Real need of ABs & EBD ro Korean & Jap cars. ::D

Mine is Active Vesrion. Though I don't have ABS, but at the time of urgent braking I apply brakes same like ABS.
    Means not to give punch on brake paddle. I pump the brake just like working of ABS.

I agree that ABS is useful on slippery road. But need of ABS depends upon the braking character of car.

See braking system of Maruti cars. Maruti brakes grabs when you press brake hard.
    Brakes of Maruti cars need ABS more than FIAT cars.So Don't insist for ABS & EBD.