1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad Mileage of Linea Diesel - Now black smoke

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ajai, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Well the mileage depends on the geographical area in which you are driving, 12kms/l is too less for the beast.
    Try adding fuel and oil additives. let the car run for 200 kms atleast so that it is mixed well with fuel and oil.
    I think the black smoke should be reduced. if it doesnt I think the head should be cleaned. as your car is already 88,000 run
  2. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    That is Engine Yellow sign. I asked Negi from Kashyap fiat. He told me that my engine sensor is misbehaving. It should be changed. Its cost is Rs.4000/- :(:( and due to this sensor car is giving black smoke. Can it be happen ???

Otherwise after servicing Pick is very good and car is running very smooth without any trouble and noise.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    One of the common reasons for black smoke/low mileage/low pickup is due to a cut in one of the turbo hoses. Pls tell the sc categorically to check all the turbo hoses for any cuts.
    vj_v1 likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Most likely cut in turbo hose. First thing to check.

Also, U need to start taking the check engine message seriously. The message does not come up for fun.

When turbo hose is cut u can also hear a whoosh sound when accelerating hard.
  5. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys, my line 1.3 mjd gives around 12 in Delhi traffic. Currently it has done 83k kms. I got clutch changed around 76K. Timing chain was done around 61k, it got broken during one of visit to chandigarh...

Now my car is giving excessive black smoke on heavy acceleration. .. pickup and power is OK no issues on that... so is the engine oil level... I got it checked and my mechanic is saying ERG valve or turbo may have developed problem. My question is that if turbo has got some problem what are the other symptoms ?
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Low pick up at all speed, black smoke, Whistle sound on revving the engine ...all trubo issues symptoms.
    bhai and PradeepM like this.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    But if no any error then what to do ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2015 ---
    My ext. warrante expired on 9th Dec. So I contacted Mr.Mangesh.
    I noticed his attention to the issue I am facing from the first service of my 90 HP.
    Now Mr.Mangesh has put his hands on his ears. He is not ready to accept the fact that FIAT has failed to solve the problem.
    As usual he only assured about not to worry. So I demanded him to recall the car for factory checkup.

Let's see what happens
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015