1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bad Mileage of Linea Diesel - Now black smoke

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ajai, Oct 13, 2014.

1. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    Hi all,
    My Linea 1.3 diesel covered around 88000 kms. It is giving very bad mileage now. It is a round 12 Kms/ liter in the city. Please help me how to improve this mileage.

Should I change the clutch plates cause when I press it to slow down the vehicle it sound like "Ghhrrr".

Regards
    Ajai
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Sachin kashyap

Sachin kashyap Timido

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi...
    I drive a punto 90hp.i have driven 97000km + as on date.

I had faced a similar issue of low milegae and low power.I had highlighted the same to noida fiat but every time they convinced me saying that the vehicle is fine.

Last month on my visit to jaipur i had shared my concern with fiat jaipur.When i had explained the issue he immediately asked me how many kms i have completed and then suggested me to get the Turbo pipe cleaned. (I don't remember the technical name).I was taken to the workshop and they showed me the amount of blockage it had.

I was charged rs.750/- for the same and now my car is giving me 15km avg in city and 20km in highway. Also the pick up has drastically improved and the noise of the engine has also reduced.

I am not very sure whether this will help but i would insist you to get the same checked.

I hope this helps..
    asimpleson, Iyu, Dinesh Kumar and 4 others like this.
  3. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    Thanks Sachin for your help. I will take my vehicle to service center and will ask to clean turbo pipe.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Get entire turbo circuit cleaned - EGR, Intake Manifold, intercooler, hose pipes etc. And see if you feel difference.
    asimpleson and Iyu like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try putting in reverse also and listen for this noise, and get the clutch checked. Is the pickup sluggish..?

Else as everyone suggests could be Turbo Related.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi,

Regarding fuel mileage in the city, a lot depends on the traffic conditions. I can get 10kmpl and 20kmpl in city depending upon traffic conditions.

Having said that, reset the tripmeter and take a long-ish highway drive to ascertain the correct mileage figures. Also, as already suggested, @88,000km's it is a good idea to get the EGR,Intercooler, Intake Manifold cleaned. That has a positive effect on driveability.

If there is a sound on pressing th clutch pedal, it can possibly be the clutch release bearing. Take it to FASS to get the issue confirmed, if any.

Cheers
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    In Bombay bumper to bumper may give u 9-11 with AC on and that is normal.
    88k, its time u should get the clutch change and feel the difference in pick up and response.I am happy to get the clutch changed after 80 k .
  8. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    Thanks Guys for your help but I couldnt go to service center yet. :-(

I went to my home town also and drove it 800 kms more during Dipawali vacation. During my travel I notice that car computer showing yellow signal of engine and massage is appearing "check engine". I also notice that during pick up of the vehicle at 2 and 3 gear it is giving black smoke. SO what will be the possible cause. Today is off for service center so planning to go service center tomorrow.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    Hi!,
    I notice that car is giving black smoke in 2 and 3 gear during pick up and also yellow light is coming on engine sign. Some time back started this thread and I mentioned it in this thread.
    I took my Linea to FASS for full servicing. They have changed all the oil, coolent, gear oil etc. Yellow signal was gone. But after 2 days of servicing it again glowing and also black smoke is coming.

Please give your suggestion. My linea covered around 89000Kms.

Regards
    Ajai
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you post a pic of Yellow sign, which is appearing.
    Did you get turbo circuit checked?