1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Back TO Italy: Tuscun Wine 1.3 multijet Em Pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by multijetter, Feb 4, 2011.

1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I drove my Linea 600 Kms from mumbai- Shirdi- Ahemadnagar-Mumbai. I got FE of 17.3 with heavy traffic for 40 Kms. Car behaves fantastically, Handling is superb, also has good pickup for overtakes. I can say a best sedan in 10 Lacs, nothing else. :p
  2. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Want to share one important thing that Tuscan wine colour is really very hard to maintain, any minor scratch also is visible easily.

1. At 8000 Kms engine is very quiet and gear-shift is also improved.
    2. Spares are really cheap, my front windshield is broken by a stone, replaced it for only Rs. 3750. It’s not Fiat's windshield but it is excellent.
    3. Fuel economy is also increased now my car gives not less than 11.7 in heavy traffic also, and for highway not less than 18.
    4. Cabin noise is also reduced. And A/c is working fine.

:dance
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Off Topic:-
    I went to Tornado motors on 11/10/11 to drop my Vento for 1st service (1 yr), I saw something in the service center-
    1. One Guy around 40 yr was shouting and he said he will not spare them if they will not solve his problem in the car, he also mention that he was visiting the service center for the 3rd time.
    2. Another old fellow was there he was also shouting for non availability of side mirror from lat 10 days.
    3. I asked service adviser for painting of my car's back door, he quoted approx 22000 for one single door. I said Nooooooo...
    4. only for routine service he promised me to deliver my car on 12/10/11. and quoted for service 9000+ actually they charged 7500+

So I think there is problem with all the car manufactures for spares and service. But one important thing is That VW Quality is the best and way better than Fiat, this anyone cannot deny. Some comparison on Quality:-

i. Paint Quality- Vento
    ii. Plastic Quality- Vento
    iii. Arrangement in boot for spare- Vento
    iv. Engine Quality- Linea
    v. Alignment - Linea
    vi. Engine Refinement-Linea
    vii. Suspension - Linea
    viii. Space- Vento
    ix. under body protection- Linea
    x. Fuel Average- Linea
    xi. Service- Vento (but it is costly)
    Overall Quality- Vento
    I think to improve in these area is not so hard for Fiat.:up
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @multijetter, those are really good FE figures! BTW what is the condition of road till Shirdi? Planing to go in this month.
    Put 'system D' after every 10th refueling of your linea. It'll help to keep your fuel lines & injectors clean.(No harm in it atal but still ON YOUR OWN RISK.)
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Roads are good and you can save nasik traffic by taking a right turn from 'Ghoti'.. have a safe journey... ;)
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    thnx a ton for info buddy!
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @ multijetter- since you own a vento too, i would like you to comment on the clutch of vento.

1. The engine noise reminds me of Sumo Victa / Tata indigo TDI. it sounds like a old school technology engine.

2. the clutch is very similar or worst than sumo. in 20 min drive my left leg started paining. when i got back to my linea i felt as if my clutch has broken and the clutch pedal is falling down on its own.

the MJD is way more refined than old school TDI of volkswagen :)
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Hi Italia-Linea,
    I own Vento Auto. Petrol so no Clutch.....but also there is no dead pedal which is there in 1.3 Linea..Strange.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No dead pedal in an automatic car?

Well, there goes VW's self appreciation of ''German Engineering''.

VW's TDI diesels sound gruff for sure. The Vento, Polo etc.

But the Laura's TDI note (its a VW engine) is sheer music. You get a feel of the engine's power just by hearing it. Not gruff, but powerfully refined.
    Below that category, MJD is the benchmark. The Toyota 1.4 D4D is close though.
  10. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Hi gurjinder,
    I want to mention one thing that the quality of the body and the paint is outstanding, I have to wash my Linea everyday and even if I dint wash my Vento for 3 days it looks clean. I think the reason behind it---- TATA. paint quality is not up to the mark, if you compare Aria with XUV500, you can easily understand. Paint quality is not good in 15 Lac car...????????

one more thing, I will post some pics of Bolts in Linea's hood, which got rusted. I bought it a few month before only. Quality is important...
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011