1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Back Compression Failure - Linea 1.3 Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kvjai, Mar 23, 2015.

1. kvjai

kvjai Timido

BANGALORE
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all,

I am new to this user group.

My Linea Details - 2012 Model, 54000 KMS, 1.3 Emotion.

This Saturday, I had problem of overheating and called up the customer care who conference me with service head for RDC Motor. He advised me to let the car cool down and drive the car back home, which just 2 kms from the place of problem and next day i took the car to service centre @ Chennai(RDC Motors Ekanthangal) on Sunday.

They Checked the car and told me it is back compression failure and estimate will be around 1+ lacs. I was shocked and taken back.

I have done my regular service on time @ Tafe Reach Chennai (1st and 2nd service). RDC Fiat i have done some minor repairs and 3rd Service @ KHT Bangalore, 4th Service is due on June. Also have done a some repairs in KHT this month.

Problem started after my last service in KHT where they did a EGR cleaning, Vechile started throwing smoke mixture of white and black colour. On 14 March, Car got overheated and i was forced to take the car of KHT FIAT, who told me that coolant pipe had leak due to which coolant evaporated, They changed and gave the car back. After the delivery there was huge drop in pick up and RPM has to reach 3K to 4K for the turbo kickin and was advised it was due EGR cleaning. The performance will be back to normal after 100-150Km run, I took the car to Chennai during the travel there drop in pickup and speed, it was struggling to reach 100 and 120. Next day after reaching Chennai, Car got overheated again and i found coolant was not there and I have told what happened next earlier.

Car is under warranty and 54K is also too low for this engine to failure. I am not financial sound now to spend this amount.

Can you please advise me what should i do ? Any contacts in FIAT who can help me get this resolved.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Check for extended warranty, if it's covered or not. Even if not as this problem was reported earlier ( you would be having bills) , request FASS/ fiat to bear some part under goodwill.
    Mail id can be taken from fiat india website.
    Keep us posted. Let's hope she is back to full glory without much financial burden.
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. kvjai

kvjai Timido

BANGALORE
    Linea 1.3
    Abhishek, Y should it be goodwill. Does the FIAT does not own the responsibility ? Anyway i will check with warranty manual. Problem was not reported earlier
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with kvjai. If all the scheduled maintenance was done at FASC and if he has all the valid documentation in the form of bills, issues properly entered in the system whenever he reported this overheating issue then Fiat will have to take the responsibility. It would not be an easy task, however give a good fight and things would fall in place eventually.
    All the Best!!!, this is another example which showcases the importance of having a solid record of maintenance history with all of us.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Any specific reason given my the dealer for not covering this issue under warranty or extended warranty?