1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

B2C in 3 Months

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by devansn, Dec 28, 2010.

  1. devansn

    devansn Novizio


    We are relocating to Coimbatore from Bombay in March 2011 and require some input from the RTO rules experts here...

    We have a Punto and a Suzuki Access, both only 4-5 months old, registered in Maharashtra. As per the current rules, I heard that you really don't need to re-register the vehicles in the new state and can drive anywhere in India for any long a duration without paying road tax in the other states. Is my understanding right? If this is right, I do not want to take NOC from Maharashtra / re-register in Tamil Nadu / pay road tax in Tamil Nadu because another relocation from Coimbatore to some other cities in some other state in a few years down the lane cannot be ruled out.

    Googled a lot on this, but did not really get a solid answer. Gurus, please help!

    Mods, I am sure this is not the right place this thread should be in, but could not find a better place to put it - please move it to a better place if required...

  2. Ravi

    Ravi Staff Member Janitor

    Grande Punto 1.3
    You must take NOC from MH.
    You need to pay road tax in new place, Coimbatore. You can drive only on National Highways all over India.
    Yes, there is no need to re-register and you can use same reg number as well, but road tax has to be paid.
  3. NAREN64


  4. chefvikas


    There is a funny , somewhat unjustified system of calculation of fine/penalty , if you do not pay the road tax within a specified time after the issue of the noc , this i know first hand , because i had to , when i transferred my bullet from goa to kolkata. Also theoritically , it is also possible to claim refund of the tax paid in the original rto , after registration in the new state.Although I have not done this , I plan to.

Share This Page