1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

B&M on other models, anyone?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, May 13, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I recently sat in a few lineas and puntos , all E+ and really liked the B&M feature.
    When i looked at the hardware and my audio system on emotion , I figured out that perhaps B&M can be added to my Emotion as well.
    Any ideas about the cost or if it will work.
    My punto is a '09 model so being one of the first batches I think the stock audio system is running the oldest/universal firmware running on E+ as well, so theoretically at least it sounds doable.

Parts to be changed/modified (AFAIK)
    1.) B&M media kit to be attached under the glove box
    2.) B&M IN/OUT connectors to the audio system (stock)
    3.) fuse box changes ( I'm not sure about this, but i think there is a fuse for B&M .I dont know if it is or is not required)
    4.) steering change (to accommodate the controls)

Does anyone think its possible?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    might be possible
    Proxy Alignment would have to performed if Body Computer is same on E and E+ otherwise Body Computer would have to remapped or replaced. Would also have to see if wiring is there in lower models if not it too would have installed.
    But I would rather change the HU and enjoy better functionality,quality and features but the Blue N Me is too addictive once you get used to it.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    why do you think i made this post in the first place ;-)

it just looks really nice and feels rather upmarket..
    I know it has its fair share of niggles but so does everything else.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As you have emotion variant, you can opt for an aftermarket head unit, If you want to enjoy the blue tooth feature for pairing your phone with stereo. With aftermarket head unit your sound quality will be much more than the stock one. Yes, blue and me is much addictive once you get used to it. Adding after market head unit is much easier than buying blue and me box, wiring.

P.S.:- I have seen else where some one added blue tooth mic around steering column with an after market head unit and he also had posted the images of his set up and it looks very nice too and he is satisfied with that set up.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    This exercise will cost you lots of time and money. First that money there are far better options including an upgrade to aftermarket HU. I've an emotion pack and have removed B&M because of the stock HU's audio quality, the box alone costs 12K and you would need to source steering sans Airbag because the pack comes with that. Your biggest problem is going to be updating the body computer.

Downshift - Press - Fly
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @black
    Please, go through the links they might of some help to you in deciding.

ht tp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-off-show-off/98228-pics-details-upgraded-my-punto-headunit.html

ht tp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/product-discussions/106494-fiat-emotion-no-pk-blue-kiran-blue-me.html
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This is nice.. thanks for the links..
    WHen i decide to change my HU i will surely get this done..
    thanks again