1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

B&M and S4

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by vineet_k21, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I have tried this with Sony and Micromax, they did not work eaither.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I use blackberry and it works erratically, but majority of the times it does recognize. Edit card and plays mp3.
    but voice function of blue n me such as next song etc won't work though.
  3. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    I had HTC widfire before and it was perfectly playing all songs. I'm planning to give another try with S4 tomorrow.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    It is because the phone is not getting enumerated as a USB mass storage device (like a pen drive/thumb drive)

I have seen such issues occurring in S3 also. S3 doesn't have the option of enabling USB storage but just MTP. MTP is not supported by Blue n Me. There are hacks available in the internet, else give up the stock ROM and enjoy CyanogenMod like I do ;)

A quick suggestion would be to check if the phone gets detected as a removable storage device (not just as a phone but as a disk drive itself) when it is connected to the PC. If not, you can't succeed in getting it working with Blue n Me.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Yes, when I connect the phone to my laptop, it gets connected as remoable storage device just like a pen drive.
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    If it gets mounted as a pen drive, can you see what filesystem is it formatted with?
  7. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Is there an option in settings to unmount sd card? If so, try after unmounting sd card.
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually as said above Blue & Me does not recognize S4 as USb device. I have the same problem. Blue & me does not support MTP. Has anyone tried USB to headphone(3.5mm) cable.
  9. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    I went to Pandit Auto last week to discuss the S4 issue. The ASE suggsted to upgrade B&M to 6.0 version as a possible solution. but mine is 2009 Linea so as per B&M website, the latest version is 5.6 which I already have!

on one of the Fiat international forum someone suggsted to connect device as camera instead of media. But still no luck :(