1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Azure LINEA T-jet Plus ARRIVED

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Uma_tjet+, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Uma_tjet+

Uma_tjet+

Bangalore
    Re: Azure LINEA T-jet Plus

Thanks, Gaurav. I was told that Teflon coating would be useful to avoid scratches by debris or stones while driving...

I am wondering any one else has done that.
  2. Re: Azure LINEA T-jet Plus

Hi Uma_tjet+, did you take delivery of the car ?
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

:car Hello Uma-tjet+, has the jet arrived.
    We are waiting for the first imppession on the jet+, and the showroom review. ::OO
  4. Uma_tjet+

Uma_tjet+

Bangalore
    PDI DONE, Expecting delivery tomorrow

HI Guys,

sorry, I have been travelling a lot so could not get onto the forum. The update on the car:

I had a call on Saturday informing me that my car has arrived to Bangalore, I can inspect if I like. I went to the show room Monday afternoon and did the PDI. The show room guys were very friendly and nice. I found only couple of things, one is the indicator lights on the right were not functioning and the break fluid was leaking on the edges of the lid. They said, they would fix it.

One funny thing happend, I asked him whether wind wiper fluid is some thing special to Linea or is it just water. I remembered a post by one of the Members about how his wind shield was spoiled using poor quality water with lots of salts. Anyway, the show room guy told me that "Don't worry sir, just pour some water and little bit of detergent powder", I was shocked. I asked him, are you sure?. Then he says, or else you can mix collin liquid, I could not understand that. Do any one know what that means?

Can any one suggest, what should be the fluid used in the windshield liquid holder? IN europe, normally one has water mixed with little acetone, to avoid freezing. I wonder what would be best in India.

regarding accessories, they are providing floor mats which is not original t-jet mats, some local stuff. IN any case, I bought my own in Delhi on Sunday for Rs.900, made in Taiwan, beige colour, same as the car seat colour , which is a very flexible rubber type plastic. These floor mats are slightly larger in size compared to normal mats, which is supposedly ideal for LINEA. They are also providing the mud flaps and sun screens films for the four windows, these are Garware films, not the 3M ones. The guy at the show room told me that there is a one year warranty for the film. I was confused and then told him to go ahead with garware film and may be change it later to 3M if it is not good after a year or so. I have also asked for a RPS with only a speaker alarm and graphical image on the RVM along with Lighted Door SIL. I was told the lighted door SIL comes only for the front seat sides and not for the back doors.

I enquired about GPS options, was not happy with the options they had. So i have ordered a 4.3' screen Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca Map My India product online costing Rs.7500. I felt if we are going to use it only in the car, this is great deal since the 3.5" screen itself costs around 7990. The difference is the battery back up if you are not connected to the power outlet (cig lighter) in the car. The Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca has only 5 mins back up, where as the 3.5' screen has one hour back up, if you like to carry when you are walking around with it. If any one is interested you can look at this FESTIVE OFFER website of MAPMYINDIA,

http://www.mapmyindia.com/gps/products/ ... offer.html

MY car has been registered, I just heard, I hope the car would be ready by tomorrow evening, so I can take the Delivery. The azure BLUE looks amazing and looked around for any mismatch in alignment and found none. The chasis number ends with BMZ, so learnt that the car was made in FEB 2011.

Thanks to Rajen for giving me Vijay's details. I shall keep you posted with some photos and other info after I take the delivery.

I have already scheduled a trip to Trichy - via Salem from Bangalore on Sunday. I can't wait.... Thanks to all of you for all your support guys, please give me your advise and suggestions too.

Uma
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: PDI DONE, Expecting delivery tomorrow

Congratulations.
    The manual says use SC 35 with distilled water. Check this - download/file.php?id=3510&mode=view
  6. Uma_tjet+

Uma_tjet+

Bangalore

Thanks a lot, Ravi. I shall buy that and keep in the car along with some distilled water.
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

have a nice flight !!! ;-)
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad

There are so many thread about this on tbhp and tfi. In fact "teflon" is discontinued by Dupont in India. So these guys use a good quality wax or rubbing polish and charge for teflon coating. For new cars it is not all required. And if you do once it literally glitters but becomes pale after 2-3 months and you'l feel ur car is looking more dull than original. So again u'l go for it to get that original glitter. So it is a vicious loop.
    Better:
    1. Don't go for any coating for 1-2 years. But use only microfiber cloth for cleaning. And also don't rub to clear the dust otherwise it will leave scratches. Before cleaning with wet cloth first it should be cleaned with duster/dry microfiber cloth and dust should be removed(hindi me zatakna).
    2. Don't keep car in direct sunlight for more time (avoid as much as possible)
    3. Ask water servicing fellow to use only mild shampoo and not detergent powder. Give your microfiber cloth for washing and wiping.
    4. After 1-2 years when shine becomes little dull, use simple wax based polish once in 2 month and ur car color will look like new forever.
    5.Originally modern cars comes with underbody coating which lasts for 2-3 years. May be in 4th year in summer(just before rain) you can go for underbody coating.
  9. Uma_tjet+

Uma_tjet+

Bangalore

Thanks tjetdriver and nk4fiat.

I did not realise that Dupont has discontinued the TEFLON coating option. What a shame? I had it for my ESTEEM when I bought, so even washing the car becomes easier with TEFLON coating. I have a GUY who washes my car, I have to train him on this. I have microfibre cloth, and should get some mild detergent too. My car would be parked generally in a garage, so sun light shouldn't affect it so much. I am worried about scratches both during washing and driving on rough roads sometimes.

I will take your advise and try to maintain it, let us see. Thanks again NK4FIAT.
  10. Re: Azure LINEA T-jet Plus

Congrats Uma_tjet+. Happy motoring.