1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura Urban Cross Showcased at 2016 Auto Expo

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Murphy_Fiat, Feb 3, 2016.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @kk27 generally for Fiat the prices have never exactly been 'cheap' except during UNO days or when they sold stock at distress sale values when newer models were introduced. These sales were hampered always by service and marketing issues. Palio a good and right product with relative success and respect too suffered due to bad dealer tactics and company pricing and spares unavailabilities and rampant malpractices in names of service. It is precisely how Skoda gathered a very similar reputation in later stages but has managed to keep their heads above the water due to fairly good trust in brand value and product quality. Partly due to company fundamentals of core engineering capabilities and also due to updating technology prowess in its own peculiar ways, Fiat still has potential to mix match the right stuff and bring about a smart change in every respect which can be beneficial for company and customers also due to long term spares and services ease and availability. Therefore the hullabaloo about betting on horses in the lead. Their long term interests about Chrysler and its product promotions we shall see especially in Indian or Asian context.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    @kk27 Agree with you Completely. But for me i would like to upgrade my car from Fiat fold sadly no option is there for me. if i go for Abarth Punto it is More compromising on many aspects. i really want Fiat to survive here with more products.
  3. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    See you said it your self.. you want to upgrade from fiat fold! So how does it matter if they had another 15 cars. Much the same way There are people who are switching to Fiats after maruti & hyundai - which in all common sense seems idiotic... but people have done it & have found a car they like of out just 2 models & are enjoying too. On this very forum there are people like that. Now tell me did they not find enough models in M & H? or customer Service? or anything else? From M&H pov they have all indians can want so why these few are shifting to Fiats.... exactly because they're getting what they want in a car which happens to be fiat even with just 2 models!

Much in the same way someone who doesn't want to buy a Fiat no matter what... they will not buy it even if they have a 30 choices, coz what theyre looking for is not available with fiat!!
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @kk27 -- What do i upgrade to from Linea T-Jet -- from Fiat stable, ie. Or why should I buy a Punto after selling Figo?
    At BIC, I heard Kevin Flynn say that Fiat makes good cars. Yes they do. But what's available in India, besides the two similar looking shells? Take for example, a T-Jet at ~10 lacs looks same as a ~6 lac Linea Classic form a few feet away.
    If they had to stick with just 2 shells and not cater to mass market, what was the point of setting up a 2,00,000 vehicles per year plant? They basically are watching what is working in market, then take 5 years to get something and by that time momentum is lost as many others have already launched new products.

@prabhjot -- Renegade from export POV -- yes that could (and hope it does) work. But, from Indian market perspective, I doubt because of the odd shape. I still maintain that 500X in India would be better than renegade -- more from the first impression on looks. So, they should think of 500X and Renegade in quick succession, as they are on same platform. Just my gut feeling on the looks part being a turn off. For example, I don't like Ritz and that other tall boy design from MS, can't recall what the name is.

Probably they should give up the idea of having showrooms with just 2 shells to sell. Just have workshops, keep TD vehicles there as company asset and let all ordering be online -- Tesla doesn't like dealers route :)
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I totally agree with @rusticnomad on his last suggestion.

In fact, I have, in my office, two cases of willing to buy Linea, but for the fear that we may not have FASS in Indore in near future and going Ciaz way. As one can guess, these are second buyers, shifting from Hyundei and Tata for upgrade.

FCA must open enough service centers to instill confidence in owners (us) and new buyers with passion to drive. FASS needn't be at prime locations (and they aren't usually!), hence not as costly as a dealership.
    rusticnomad and gpunto75 like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Basic facility or structure for marketing and sales in inadequate coupled by a product strategy which looks abrupt for now. How does it look okay @kk27.
    Those who want and know well about Fiat will buy it. What about others? One can't assume that they know better. Customer education and enticing is a healthy practice. There is no offensive atleast as yet is what it feels like. From the looks of it. Possible hypothesis and strategic analysis @prabhjot has been regularly mentioning. But is it the right thing to do, that remains the question. Is this slow and calculated strategic non move or a lax of policy or simply incompetence time will tell. Till yet the performance for sales which are very important apparently from existing buyer point of view also reflects in the numerous opinions here. Infact buyers of Fiat atleast a small number feel it alarming while others simply will choose to shrug it off and buy a new product as a compromise rather than face or feel uncertainty. Already people are looking at alternatives and they have none from Fiat in terms of proper SUV or CUV (a proper one again). How do you convince a souped up punto to be a thoroughly different product. Irrespective of the fact that Avventura is a good product in many ways.
    rusticnomad likes this.
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, and Mails to Mangesh Kodalkar on Sanghi closure gets no response. Currently they seem to be selling FIAT from their TATA joint at Manormaganj as I saw a PUNTO ad few days back.

I just called +919669050999 (number that was there on their advertisement) and was told that they are currently selling from their TATA joint and their new showroom will be operational at Bhawarkuan from April. Shekhar Central joint which they vacated was on lease of 5 lacs per month and they were incurring loss. So, this is latest information for all in Indore who are looking at FIAT. So, for the time being, Indore dealer prevails and looks like will prevail for times to come. Hope so.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    But there are more things than that a company can do to change the Buyers Mentality. if you are visiting Trivandrum you will see alot of Fiat Cars. How Here in Kerala Fiat Managed to get People Trust and they are selling more cars compare to other state /cities. More dealerships are opening for Fiat in Kerala.
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    I have used it and that is why I am commenting. I am not talking about how the controls work, I am only talking about placement.

Also the rear door power window switch will get activated when we rest our hand. Again a placement issue.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    If I was CEO of FCA India, I would have imported one piece of each, Grand sienna, Agea, Palio adventure, 500x, renegade for Auto expo purpose and watched how auto forums & media reacts to it, rather than getting bashed from all quarters for not presenting anything new.
    rusticnomad and Amit Rox like this.