1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura to be discontinued from production

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Abhiart, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Abhiart

Abhiart Timido

Lucknow
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Got a call from Kashayp Fiat, Okhla last week regarding test drive of Urban Cross and Punto. The executive also told that Fiat India has decided to discontinue Avventura from Fiat line up. Asking about the reasons, She said it's because of low end response of the car and complaints regarding the 'much talked' Spare wheel mechanism on the back. She also added that it's a decision to make way for Urban Cross as it's the same car minus the boot. I also felt the same after seeing giant hoardings of Urban Cross across the flyovers with camera shots focusing on the rear side of the car.

On personal front, I have a mixed feeling. Avventura has it's muscular rugged feel because of it's Spare Wheel design, looks class apart from the pseudo crossovers. Urban Cross looks more like Punto Evo wearing the claddings and stuff. For the buyers who are planning to buy Avvy, this is the best time to grab because of clearance offers on it from the dealers.

Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  2. Raaz

Raaz Regolare

Andhra Pradesh, India
    Avventura Abarth
    IMO, that's a good decision by Fiat. Although Avventura countered for Compact SUVs like Ecosport, it failed to grab the attention because of the following reasons.

- High Price
    - Inadequate space and comforts for the price
    - Although phenomenal ground clearance, it appears tad low because the overall height of the vehicle, hence the Hatch wheel doesn't look good when seen in the flesh
    - It has miserable problems with Hatch wheel because of difficult mechanical process set by Fiat
    - Introduction of Urban Cross with much lower price.
    - Last but not least, obviously Less marketing, uninterested dealers and inadequate service points etc

So, it's good move by Fiat and let's appreciate them. :)

@Deepak Pathania

3. Deepak Pathania

Deepak Pathania Novizio

Pune
    Avventura Abarth
    Hmmm... I have taken the plunge today.. I found out today that the head of Sky moto is know to me because of My aunt who is well known in pune. and he has assured me the best of support. they even offered the rear view cam and some other accessories as extra. I am now happy going in for the AVVY. Yes, it is an immpractical car with the bootmounted spare wheel, but frankly thats what i loved and Love cannot be reasoned. Now come what may, i am getting the Avvy Abarth. Btw, yes, it has been confirmed to me that the Abarth version for the avventura isnt in production and is made only if the customer insists. the diesel versions are very much in production.

4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Have seen the advertisements by Landmark
    Discount of 1 lac for Avventura

5. Deepak Pathania

Deepak Pathania Novizio

Pune
    Avventura Abarth
    yes.. that is for the diesel version... not for the abarth.. or thats what i have been comunicated

6. yatheen

yatheen Timido

Bangalore
    Avventura Abarth
    Im very proud and happy to own a Avventura.. looka just stunning. I use rear seat folding most of the times to reach my boot.

amitshedha, KPR and Raaz like this.
  7. Punto Grande_Ani

Punto Grande_Ani Timido

New Delhi area
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think it's unfair to compare the Avventura with any of the other compact soft roaders / cross overs available in the Indian market today.

It is definitely shoulders above disasters like the VW Cross Polo, Etios Cross and even then Ford Ecosport. I personally was smitten by the Ecosport whn it was launched in our market and almost put my money on it (pre Avventura days). However, after TD-ing the Ford and the Punto 90 hp back-to-back I found out that the Ecosport did not really have much more on offer (in comparison) for the premium that hey were charging.

Although, its design form is still one of the best (IMHO), the Punto / Avvnetura / EVO / UC definitely gives it a run for its money when pitted in terms of ride & handling, space, engines and the cost of ownership. In fact my top-trim 90 hp had features on offer which a similarly priced Ecosport lacked at that time. So, I do not think there's much of a compromise one makes by choosing the Fiat over the Ford.

@Deepak Pathania wishing you the best with you purchase. Are you planning to go for the bronze / brown shade - I feel it lends more character to the Avventura. :)

Raaz likes this.
  8. Deepak Pathania

Deepak Pathania Novizio

Pune
    Avventura Abarth
    Thanks bro, i have got the avventura on 14th march. These days out of town so unable to enjoy it.
    Btw, i got it in white colour

Turbothinghy, KPR and Raaz like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    In India when we say VFM, there is no real meaning for it. The new dzire is going to be lauched soon and the top end is expected to be almost 80K more than existing one and there are booking for it not even thinking VFM proposition. There are very few cars available with VFM tag. They are Tiago petrol, all Fiat diesel cars, Xcent, Ford aspire and new figo diesels. Just my view. Anything above 10 lakh on OTR for a sub-4 meter car is merely a waste of money considering you get a linea there.

ramjn likes this.