1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura Tjet Vs Urban Cross Tjet

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Raaz, Oct 16, 2016.

?

Avventura Tjet Vs Urban Cross Tjet

1. Avventura Tjet

31.8%
  2. Urban Cross Tjet

68.2%
  1. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    When is jeep CUV launch date ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Raaz likes this.
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    That Price Tag, I don't think that would happen even in our wildest dreams unless they collaborate with TATAs or Mahindras as a design provider and engines.
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have been using Avvy for almost two years now. I dont see the Spare-wheel as an issue. For security check, getting out of the car once a day and opening boot is Okay for me. All you need is enough parking space. Thats all it requires. I dont find a reason for not going for Avvy just because of security check (spare wheel) in-spite of getting good discount.

In the end its all your decision. I am still a very happy owner of my Avvy and no second thought was there while buying also.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry that I had to differ with you @Giridhar. Getting out each and everyday for the security check is a pain at least to me. I have previously owned base version of Getz (2006) and it did not have option to open the hatch from the driver's seat at all. I have to handover the key to the security person every time and that was a huge pain for me.

If you like the Avventura for the looks (with rear mounted wheel), it is totally understandable. But, thinking practically it is a pain and useless design move. Fiat hasn't even able to provide bigger trunk space even after mounting the wheel. For me, this is purely cosmetic and nothing else.
    Raaz likes this.
  5. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks @Giridhar, for your feedback. Opening the boot is one thing. I think, we can manage it somehow. But, what about opening the rear mounted tyre, when one of the tyres got punctured? Is it manageable or highly difficult?
  6. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Totally agree with you in terms of Trunk space. Yes it is purely cosmetic. But in the end, you will get used to it in the daily routine. Comparing Getz 2006 with Avvy :arghh:. Anyways opinion differs and no offence.
    Raaz likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh my goodness. How can you even think that I compared Avvy with Getz? I was referring to the pain of opening hatch door which I faced the same in Getz.

My point on UC Vs Avvy is, if you are not keen on this cosmetic look of rear mounted wheel, just pick the UC for its practicality.
    Raaz likes this.
  8. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hey @Raaz. In the span of two years, I have faced good number of punctures because of the locality where I stay (good number of constructions are going on). Initially it was difficult, but later on it was easy. I just got used to it and now it is easy for me. Only minus point I will say is you will not be able to get the air filled up with the spare wheel mounted on. Since I use nitrogen, I remove it once in two months and get the nitrogen air filled up. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2016 ---
    Hey @ramjn. No worries. Just wanted to bring some laughter when others read my post. ;):D
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2016 ---
    My point is simple. If you are seriously in love with the car (which I am), couple of issues will not matter. :). Want to see what you have ended up deciding in the end.
    limraj, Raaz, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    EVERYTHING in a car is a tradeoff, no? The whole aesthetics and 'presence' of the Avventura is just so singular inour car baazar: merely 'cosmetic' or not does not matter, IF that aesthetic is appealing or in-good-and-unqiue-taste, which it is imo. No?

Still, imo, the Urban Cross has lovely proportions of design-parts to the whole: a certain harmonic and melodic design-music, while the Avventura is more 'young, slightly insolent loud rock music' (just a matter of taste, nothing to argue about: certainly not the purported 'practicality' great-burden!)

But, unfortunately, the Urban Cross chooses to cater to the taste for bling by using light, silver coloured cladding on the bumpers, while imo the Avventura's dark-grey/'gun-metal' claddings are just more, er, tasteful.

Trade-offs!
    limraj, Turbothinghy, Raaz and 2 others like this.
  10. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Avvy design is almost 2 yrs old & UC is just launched. So Minor tweaks / updates will always be there for latest ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Raaz likes this.