1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura: Rear Parking Sensors, Reverse Camera and warranty implications

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Tornado, May 12, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Installation of the cam on spoiler is not a problem but, the view of the obstacles under the spare wheel will be interrupted by the spare wheel.

@Tanay,I am not aware of user changeable distance calibration. But preset calibrations are adequate as they are set at 10 cm, 30 cm, 50 cm & one meter, and there is different beep set for different distances & that's adequate IMO.

Morrow, I am going to visit a FASS & enquire about the official accessory.
    Tanay and prabhjot like this.
  2. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado

Sounds perfect! So for Avventura, only the first three beeps are applicable (not the last 10cm one). And that should do the job, as long as the beeps are easily distinguishable. Thanks :)
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  3. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur

Wrote an email to Fiat, asking them about the RPS compatibility, extended-warranty details and water-wading depth of Avventura. I wrote that I couldn't find satisfying information from local dealers and the Fiat website, but chose not to directly name the dealers. Fiat replied asking my details and which dealers I talked to. When I mentioned the dealers, they just CC'ed the dealers in the mail chain, and requested them to resolve my queries. Awaiting their reply now... Back to square 1, I guess :D

By the way, is anyone aware of the water-wading depth of Avventura? I don't intend to do drive the car through water intentionally, just wanted to know what are the official numbers and should we expect this car to fare better than others (for reasons other than the higher GC) ...
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tanay

A wild, arbitrary guess: better than any other similar car, barring perhaps the Duster which has a shorter front overhang, maybe? Who knows? Amply good enough for the usual flooded Monsoon-road survival, surely? Though if the Monsoon road and flood comfort and survival is the main or only criteria the Tata Safari Storme is probably the champ, at the somewhat-affordable end of the market, imo.
    Tanay likes this.
  5. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP

This article from MotorBeam, comparing Avventura and Ecosport, has this to say about the water-wading depth of the two:

"Neither cars can off-road but the EcoSport has fantastic water wading capability while the Avventura has 5 mm more ground clearance."

Source: http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/10/cars/fiat-avventura/fiat-avventura-vs-ford-ecosport-shootout/
    Tornado likes this.
  6. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Has any one fitted reverse parking sensor in Avventura?

Where it has been fitted??