1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura Purchase Query. EDIT: Booked Punto Evo Sport

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by VijayakumarR, Jan 4, 2015.

1. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the suggestions & information friends.
    Had written a mail to them requesting for a detailed split up of those charges yesterday. Haven't got any response from them:rolleyes: till now though.
    Hope they would answer my call tomorrow :p
    Cheers.
  2. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Still haven't received any update from Torrid Motors regarding my query on the handling charges and few other admin charges.
    Between, i happened to visit another FIAT showroom in Coimbatore, TN and during the conversation with the SA i came to know that the Insurance amount as seen in the Dealers price list will not be same as what we get on actual insurance invoice :rolleyes:.
    Is this true ?
    My dealer has quoted 27979/- as insurance for the Sports model.
    If the invoicing price is far too different than this amount, is it worth to consider doing the insurance myself ? will there be more hassles ?
    Cheers!
  3. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Friends,
    My dealer told me yesterday said that the colour i have asked for, Magnesio Grey is not available as of now :arghh::arghh::arghh: and he is not sure when it would be available :banghead:...

Btw, I told my dealer that i would like to do my own insurance for that seemed profitable.
    First the dealer tried to convince me that the service will be good through a Fiat insurance and that would be hassle free, but when i stuck to my wish of doing my own insurance he tells me that he has a mail from Fiat that they are offering free insurance for the cars invoiced in January and this might extend to my car's delivery in february :mad:. Couldn't he have told me this when i told him about the insurance for the first time :mad:

Since this didn't go to my liking i thought of checking with other dealers about it, i called up Balaji Fiat, Thane and they tell me that Fiat is offering Free insurance and a cash discount of 15000/- for the vehicles invoiced in 2015.

Then i called up my Torrid Fiat Dealer and told him that i spoke to Balaji Fiat and i want them to be fair to me. Later that evening i got a call from Torrid Motors with the exact offer of Balaji Fiat :rolleyes:.

Seems you just can't trust a dealer to do the right thing :banghead: straight-away .
    Now, my dealer is saying that he can't deliver the colour i asked for for the date they committed earlier, SAD.

Now what should one do with all this controversies
    Cheers
    Vijayakumar
    prabhjot, ghodlur and joeswatmail like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Have you enquired with Balaji for the colour you wanted for the Evo? As you pitted the dealers for the Insurance, you do it similarly for the cars too. Tell Torrid that you will cancel the booking and book with Balaji, surely they will work faster to get the Evo in your desired colour.
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This is the story everywhere. Blame the poor sales, the dealers are squeezing in whatever they can, be it ethical/professional or unethical/unprofessional. Sad but thats the ground reality.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @VijayakumarR you must protest these things via email to Torrid and CC to Fiat. Tell them there is no question of color change and ask them again for final delivery date. Have you spoken to Mr. Muneeb Punjabi at Torrid, do get his contact and ask him to look into the needed department.
  7. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur
    Thanks. Today I checked with Balaji Fiat, Thane. They said the same thing too. That Tuscan Wine, Red and Silver are available. And when i said that i'll stick with my choice they told me that they have already placed order for two Magnesio Grey colour and they will have those delivered to them by this month end. They went to the extent of saying that they can adjust one car for me if i pay them the full amount tomorrow. I don't want to go ahead with them for two reasons.
    1. If what Balaji Fiat told is true, it means someone is expecting that car and i don't want to cut in to their happiness.
    2. Frankly, i don't believe that they are telling the truth about receiving two cars this month end.
    Atleast by speaking to Balaji Fiat i can be rest assured that the Torrid guys are true about the colour availability, but would have really been happy if they delivered on the assured date

@asimpleson
    Thanks. I can try that email thing. I anyway have told the SA that i'm sticking to my choice of colour and there is no changing that. He told me that they would be able to confirm the possible delivery date in two days time. I really wish the delay to be small . And who is Mr. Muneeb Punjabi by the way ?

Cheers
    Vijayakumar
    prabhjot and joeswatmail like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    He is a GM at Torrid. He could possibly look into the matter or redirect you to a similar positioned person in Sales team. You will be probably be met with resistance if you ask for his no. In which case you must keep insisting and mentioning that you will otherwise be left with no option but to cancel and write to Fiat about dealership.
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As far as I know these guys, its a lie. if you pay the amount, be ready to hear more stories.

Rajeev
    VijayakumarR likes this.
  10. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Had a word with Torrid Motors Sales Manager today, he says that he got an update from Fiat about 5 Magnesio Grey in production queue for this week and by 7th March he will be able to tell for sure.
    Eagerly waiting for 7th March now ;)

@asimpleson Btw, i spoke to Mr.Muneeb Punjabi a week ago, but he was not of much help, says he is only looking into service and there is nothing he can do other than directing me to the Sales Manager who i am already in touch with. Thanks anyways :).

Cheers
    Vijayakumar R.
    prabhjot likes this.