1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura petrol??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Saubhik, Nov 26, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    And you can get a MJD dynamic avvy at around 8.5 L. You can get the satisfaction of owning a near SUV like ford ecosport. Avvy might have emerged from punto. But the car is in a different league. No crossover can even dream of coming near to the performance of an avvy. Crossover is going to be the future in India.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Avventura is not a cross look-a-like, its a actual cross. So do not compare Avvnetura with Compact SUVs. Avventura is not compact SUV too.

It's a different breed in India. Mango people does not know the meaning of cross. However, Avventura is always a head turner where ever you go.
    Masum Reza likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I've mentioned it as looking close to a SUV although not one. It is indeed what called CUV by Fiat. A best looking one in India compared to its main rival like i20 Active (forget other crosses from toyota, vw)
    rishike007 likes this.
  4. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Although Avventura dman looking car, I've few complaints. It should have been different breed rather than based on Punto Evo. Width and length wise both are same. Atleast, they should have considered a good leg room and boot space. Also, they should have paid attention to the wicked Spare Wheel. It's not user friendly and need some effort to open the wheel.

Moreover, for the reasons unknown, they didn't provided ABS even in Dynamic Avventura petrol which is like shot on their own head. (Who's gonna buy it?)

Hopefully, Fiat would consider ABS and Airbags as standard in all its variants in the near future.
    Masum Reza likes this.
  5. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I am using Linea petrol 1.4 for more than 2 yrs now. To answer your questions -
    1. Does it feel underpowered ? A: Yes it is underpowered. Does it matter ? A: No it doesn't. It can keep up with most of the other cars in the market.
    2. This engine is best suited for sedate drivers.
    3. You can cruise all day at 120 kmph easily.
    4. Only part you won't like is FE. It hovers around 12-13 in city and 14-15 on highway with AC.
    manjunathkl, Anup and rishike007 like this.
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just to add to @Revv's point of view, it's also a very Torquee engine and not to forget a very quite engine at ideal but roars when revved hard which definitely gives an slight Adrenaline feeling....
  7. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    Lookout for huge discounts from 25th dec to 31st dec 2015.Test drive line 1.4 active also.I bought my linea active mjd on 31st dec 2014 and got a discount of 1.80lakhs so with this kind of discount you can also try for the abarth avvy or tjet or 90bhp punto active.Test drive the Tuv 300 from Mahindra its really versatile because of RWD layout.
  8. Saubhik

Saubhik Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear members,
    I took a test drive of avventura diesel. The petrol was not available for TD. I am not considering the 1.4 petrol anymore due to lack of ABS. The abarth powered avventura was not there. But the SA told me that pinto abrth and avvy abarth are almost same in power, with avvy being a little underpowered than punto abarth.. So took a test drive of punto abrth also.. Loved the hrowling engine.. Again confused between avvy diesel or avvy abarth.. Please help...i mainly ride through NH 45 which is 2 lane and not having a very smooth tarmac.
  9. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    Whats the otr cist difference? IF around 1.5lacs go for the avvy abarth, more power is never wasted ;p
  10. Saubhik

Saubhik Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The avvy diesel dynamic otr is 9.3, emotion is 9.9, avvy powers by abarth is 10.88